News Stories Tagged Apps
Charge up that smart phone (or tablet) and learn the fine art of mobile gambling with the help of Celebrity Cruises and Cantor Gaming.
Fodor's new free app lets you quickly search for whatever you need to say, so you'll never have to sound like a tourist again (as for mastering the accent—you're on your own).
US Airways launched a new app for passengers this week, letting them book flights, find airport maps, and check-in for existing reservations.
From iPad check-ins and remote control of your rooms lighting and temperature to an interactive app from your resort, hotels are jumping on the tech-savvy bandwagon. Here are our favorite innovations.
What started with six has now expanded to 12 top destinations around the world, with more to come! Our free Fodor's City Guide apps offer our up-to-the-minute picks, tips, and a handy interactive map.
With proactive early-alerts, Traxo and their new partner KnowDelay are aiming to provide travelers with weather updates that will predict if a flight will be delayed or even canceled days in advance.
Fancy yourself a pro smartphone photographer? Not without these apps. Take your vacation snaps and add filters, adjust contrast, crop, print, and more to make them look magnifique.
We're sorry to report you won't be one of the 40,000 "new followers" getting a free flight, guys. Fake airline Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts are popping up again offering free flights.
Listen up, amateur gumshoes. There's a new way to uncover the hidden city: HiddenCity, an app that works as part city tour, part scavenger hunt. For now, the cities are all in England.
We may not be professional cartographers, but we're loving this app that lets us plot our favorite points (restaurants, sights, etc) on a map, share maps with friends, and find maps of new cities from others.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways