News Stories Tagged Antarctica
What better way to spend this Christmas and New Year's than in Antarctica, surrounded by King penguins and looming icebergs? Crystal Cruises lets you experience just that this holiday season with their new Antarctica Holiday itinerary.
Make the trek to Earth's South Pole and explore the wild, gorgeous wonders of Antarctica via expedition cruise ship. Here's why you should plan for next year...now.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
For maximum no-frills thrill on an expedition cruise, focus on the must-have items and leave all the rest at home.
So you want an adventure, but you'd rather not take out a new life insurance policy. Never fear! From kayaking Puerto Rico's bioluminescent lake to exploring Angkor Wat, here are our favorite adventure trips for 2010.
I recently had the opportunity to speak with Robert Swan, the first person to have walked to both the North and South Poles, about his travels to Antarctica and and his organization, 2041, which seeks to preserve the most desolate place on earth. From his first inspirational experiences on the ice to his don't-leave-home-without yellow backpack, here are are the things that keep this professional traveler going.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1487 & up -- Rio & Buenos Aires 6-Nts. w/Air & TransfersTripMasters.com
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $856* & up -- Europe Spring Fare Sale from the U.S. (R/T)Air France
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $77 & up -- Suite at North Myrtle Beach Resort, 40% OffBeach Cove Resort
- $169 & up -- D.C. 4-Star Hotel near White House, Save $100JW Marriott Washington, DC