News Stories Tagged Animals
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
Kenyans call it the seventh wonder of the world. The Great Migration is a millions-strong migration of animals across the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. And we were there to see it in all its National Geographic-style glory.
Take two minutes this morning to watch this awesome video of an eagle in flight. A trainer strapped a GoPro camera to this beautiful eagle, hit record, and let it fly.
Chicago's O'Hare International Airport is taking on a decidedly less cutting-edge project than its terminal revamps. Instead, this one involves cutting grass—with barnyard animals.
Officials plan to close Costa Rica's two public zoos and free animals due to environmentalist criticism. Meanwhile, veterinarians and zoo workers claim the plan is harmful.
Canada loves cowboys; so much so that every July, the world's richest outdoor rodeo on the planet takes place in Calgary, Alberta. We giddied up to this year's event, and lived to tell the tale.
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier. And exploring it by way of Ecuador was beyond thrilling. Adventures and animal-sightings did abound.
Traveling for work sounds glamorous but in reality is just airport delays and cold breakfast buffets. Not these jobs—they are dream jobs where travel (the good kind) is a main component.
Who says wanderlust is a strictly human affliction? Plenty of our four-legged friends feel the pull of adventure, and it's high time we honored the ones who inspire us to ditch our kibble and hit the road.
Leaving Fido at home? Don't have a Fido, but wish you did? Whatever your status, pairing up with a pet on the road can make for some thrilling adventures, from dog-sledding to swimming with pigs.
Whether you travel for business or pleasure, sometimes it is the little extras that make you feel more at home. And one of our favorite hotel perks are adorable resident pet mascots, from dogs to ducks.
To celebrate National Pet Day, we're letting our furry friends take over. The first order of business is convincing you, the traveler, to plan a pet-friendly road trip now that the weather's warming up. Here's plenty of inspiration.
Oscar's seen it all. From the Great Wall of China to Machu Picchu, he has traveled all over the world in the interests of both self-enrichment (sightseeing) and raising awareness of pet rescues.
Missed a dose of Fodor's this week? We've got you covered with a roundup of the week's highlights. If you ask us, this weekend seems like the perfect time to catch up.
One of the most fun ways we've found to immerse yourself in a new culture is to attend a local festival. And it doesn't get more colorful, fascinating, and unique than the Bikaner Camel Festival in India.
And no, by "wild animals" we do not mean people watching on the Strip. Las Vegas' resorts are home to an array of exotic animals from sharks and dolphins to leopards and white lions.
With sun, surf, sand, and, you know, manatees, Vieques has it all, whether you're a family or just a couple of lovebirds. Here are five reasons to visit this (relatively) hidden Caribbean hot spot.
Apes, rhinos, and whales—oh my! (And lions, blue-footed boobies, and polar bears, too.) Here are 5 top cruises for getting up close and personal with some amazing animals.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $195 & up -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel