News Stories Tagged Airports
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached. Book a personal shopper while in transit, and easily navigate Heathrow's vast retail terrain.
Airport food can leave much to be desired. But a select number of airport restaurants are challenging that norm, offering freshly prepared, gourmet menus for guests on the go.
It is getting harder and harder to find a flight option where TSA PreCheck is not available. Both Southwest and JetBlue, the two largest carriers not previously in the program, are now participating.
When was the last time you left an airport security checkpoint feeling stress-free and relaxed? Never, right? In two airports, that's about to change thanks to a calming redesign.
Pulling into a terminal near you: food trucks. In cellphone lots and now even inside terminals, airports are welcoming food trucks to offer tasty regional cuisine from popular local chefs.
This will come as no surprise to anyone who's gone through a US customs hall lately, but our country's airports are reaching record high wait times that stand to threaten tourism.
The TSA will expand its PreCheck program to 100 airports by the end of this year, which will speed up the security line for pre-screened passengers and loyalty program members with elite statuses.
Chicago's O'Hare International Airport is taking on a decidedly less cutting-edge project than its terminal revamps. Instead, this one involves cutting grass—with barnyard animals.
At airports around the country, food trucks are showing up in cellphone waiting areas, offering travelers a tasty and welcoming introduction to the region's flavors.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays