News Stories Tagged Airlines
Scoring a seat upgrade can be tricky, but here are some tips to improve your chances of nabbing that first-class spot the next time you fly.
Need to work on the plane? Make sure your next flight has internet connectivity with our helpful guide.
Tired of dealing with long lines or waiting on the phone to rebook a flight? Try using Twitter next time.
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s worth the extra bucks) can be challenging. Here are five great options.
JetBlue has announced new flights, expanded its mobile boarding pass program, and more. Get the scoop here before booking your next trip.
For the first time ever, Southwest Airlines is offering service to international destinations. Get the scoop here, and then book your flight.
Looking for an onboard meal that ups the ante on plain old airplane food? Delta customers on transcontinental routes now have that option, thanks to the introduction of the airline's new menu options.
Over the next three years, updates will be rolling out across Delta's domestic narrow-body fleet as part of the carrier's efforts to improve passenger comfort and provide a more consistent product onboard.
While the entire American Airlines and US Airways merger integration process will be a long one, the first benefits are rolling out less than a month after the merger formally closed.
Severe weather never translates well for the airline industry and winter this year thus far—rife with extended windows of extreme cold and winter storms—has delivered up a doozy.
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. With newly expanded air service, a major literary milestone, and some of the best rums in the region, this French-Caribbean island beckons.
With its glamorous waterways and millennia of history, Istanbul is a stunner in any season. Still, savvy travelers skip the summertime throngs: Here are five ways to get in on the action this winter.
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental route between New York and California, along with increased flight frequencies.
A terminal upgrade for Signature Flight Support, the world's largest operator of private-aviation facilities, has been unveiled at Newark Liberty International Airport to the delight of NYC-area jet-setters.
Add JetBlue to the list of airlines offering in-flight internet connectivity. The carrier officially launched their Fly-Fi in-flight connectivity solution this week on select aircraft.
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players to carry the bulk of airline passengers around the country.
It is getting harder and harder to find a flight option where TSA PreCheck is not available. Both Southwest and JetBlue, the two largest carriers not previously in the program, are now participating.
United Airlines announced an offer to MileagePlus members yesterday—donations toward relief-aid for the Philippines will be met with mileage bonuses of up to 1,000 miles.
Two airlines are looking to fill the void of affordable transatlantic flights to and from the US. Norwegian Airlines and an Icelandic carrier have announced plans to offer low cost carrier-levels of service.
Hawaiian Airlines has announced a new approach to extra legroom in coach with their Extra Comfort product. It comes with more legroom, as well as other perks like priority boarding and more.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $854 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/$100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $149 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1349 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $150-$168 -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort in Peak Season, 60% OffHotel Riu Palace Peninsula
- $1124* & up -- Fall Fares to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $599 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com