News Stories Tagged Air Travel
Booking a free flight with miles gets you bragging rights. Make that a free flight to Hawaii and you've got unbridled joy. Our resident frequent flyer expert breaks down her most hard-won tips.
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. Some findings may surprise you; others certainly won't.
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamliner returns to the skies, starting with Ethiopian Airlines and United.
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades. Household name designers are pairing up with some of the world's largest airlines to revamp the uniforms you see at 30,000 feet.
With proactive early-alerts, Traxo and their new partner KnowDelay are aiming to provide travelers with weather updates that will predict if a flight will be delayed or even canceled days in advance.
There's a new flight comparison tool in town, and it's focused solely on your happiness as a traveler. It's Routehappy's Happiness Score, which launched yesterday.
It was announced last month that, among other things, small knives would no longer be on the TSAs Prohibited Items List. After much controversy, that rule shift has now been "delayed."
Keep your eyes on the sky—Boeing's 787 Dreamliner is set to fly once again fairly soon now that changes approved by the FAA have been implemented.
Airline passengers have already begun feeling the effects of budget sequestration in the US today, with thousands of flight delays daily caused by reduced air traffic control staffing.
A Lion Air flight crashed this weekend in Bali, when it came up short of the runway and landed in the water. All passengers survived the incident, and only minimal injuries were reported.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers