News Stories Tagged Air Travel
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s worth the extra bucks) can be challenging. Here are five great options.
JetBlue has announced new flights, expanded its mobile boarding pass program, and more. Get the scoop here before booking your next trip.
Most travelers try to make the most of their limited time overseas, yet fail to take into account the leap in time zones they make in a matter of hours. It can take your body's internal clock several days to catch up to that leap, and in the meantime you’re likely to experience the disruption of your sleeping and waking cycle. Here are our top tips to fight jet lag.
For the first time ever, Southwest Airlines is offering service to international destinations. Get the scoop here, and then book your flight.
Looking for an onboard meal that ups the ante on plain old airplane food? Delta customers on transcontinental routes now have that option, thanks to the introduction of the airline's new menu options.
Over the next three years, updates will be rolling out across Delta's domestic narrow-body fleet as part of the carrier's efforts to improve passenger comfort and provide a more consistent product onboard.
While the entire American Airlines and US Airways merger integration process will be a long one, the first benefits are rolling out less than a month after the merger formally closed.
Severe weather never translates well for the airline industry and winter this year thus far—rife with extended windows of extreme cold and winter storms—has delivered up a doozy.
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental route between New York and California, along with increased flight frequencies.
A terminal upgrade for Signature Flight Support, the world's largest operator of private-aviation facilities, has been unveiled at Newark Liberty International Airport to the delight of NYC-area jet-setters.
Two airlines are looking to fill the void of affordable transatlantic flights to and from the US. Norwegian Airlines and an Icelandic carrier have announced plans to offer low cost carrier-levels of service.
Hawaiian Airlines has announced a new approach to extra legroom in coach with their Extra Comfort product. It comes with more legroom, as well as other perks like priority boarding and more.
Qatar Airways officially became the first Gulf carrier to join one of the major, global airline alliances by joining the oneworld alliance this week.
We've got your whole stylish trip planned, from getting there, to packing, to where to stay. Check out our favorite articles from this past week.
It's the moment we've all been waiting for: the FAA listened to our pleas and is letting us use electronic devices for the whole flight.
Is there a point at which airline seats are simply too small? For airplane manufacturer Airbus, seat width is now a major focus of their marketing efforts.
The Department of Transportation has fined United Airlines a record $1.1 million for violating the "3-hour rule" related to delays.
When was the last time you left an airport security checkpoint feeling stress-free and relaxed? Never, right? In two airports, that's about to change thanks to a calming redesign.
Flights do more than get you from point A to point B. They take a toll on your skin and, frankly, your stress levels. Combat the cabin with these 5 key bottles of (travel-sized) bliss.
Annoyed by that "turn off your electronics" announcement on planes? The FAA is reviewing a decision to allow electronics use for the entire flight.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- 10 Airlines with In-Flight WiFi
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $125 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel in Fall, 35% OffThe Westin San Diego
- $199 -- Austin: Arboretum-area Hotel, Save 20%Renaissance Austin Hotel
- $1639 & up -- London, Paris & Rome 9 Nights w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $63-$79 -- Condo at Panama City Beachfront Resort, Half OffBookIt.com
- $221 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $119 & up -- D.C. Area Hotel Sale thru Summer, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts