Unexpected Caribbean Experiences, Plus Travel Tips Galore: Weekly Roundup
Whether you're already celebrating at Austin's South by Southwest festival, or looking to book a last-minute escape, we've got you covered, with picks from Bali to Beaver Creek. Take a gander at our top posts from the past few week.
Put down that umbrella drink. We've rounded up five totally unique activities you're missing out on in the Caribbean, from swimming with pigs to submarine tours.
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room? Think again. Winging it is ill-advised mostly because it means you'll miss some of the best stuff.
Ah, the joys of a freshly cleaned hotel room... neatly tucked sheets, sparkling clean drinking glass. Well. We don't mean to be doom-seekers, but all is not always as it seems.
Heading to Beaver Creek, there's usually little wonder as to what you'll do—ski or snowboard. But there are tons of reasons to snap out of those skis and explore.
The reopening of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez in February adds a little 1970s style to the Saint-Tropez shores.
The many regions of Bali can make for a confusing planning process. So we did our homework (you're welcome) and came up with this starter kit to make sure you plan the perfect adventure.
It gets us every time—March arrives, but warm weather is still weeks away. Before you hitch yourself onto a Spring Break trip, take our tips for booking a cheap (and easy) last-minute getaway.
Photo Credits: Pig Beach via Shutterstock; South by Southwest 2012 via Shutterstock; Hotel room via Shutterstock; Allegria Spa courtesy of Park Hyatt Beaver Creek; Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez courtesy of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez; Ubud monkeys via Shutterstock; Mexico resort via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand