Unexpected Caribbean Experiences, Plus Travel Tips Galore: Weekly Roundup
Whether you're already celebrating at Austin's South by Southwest festival, or looking to book a last-minute escape, we've got you covered, with picks from Bali to Beaver Creek. Take a gander at our top posts from the past few week.
Put down that umbrella drink. We've rounded up five totally unique activities you're missing out on in the Caribbean, from swimming with pigs to submarine tours.
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room? Think again. Winging it is ill-advised mostly because it means you'll miss some of the best stuff.
Ah, the joys of a freshly cleaned hotel room... neatly tucked sheets, sparkling clean drinking glass. Well. We don't mean to be doom-seekers, but all is not always as it seems.
Heading to Beaver Creek, there's usually little wonder as to what you'll do—ski or snowboard. But there are tons of reasons to snap out of those skis and explore.
The reopening of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez in February adds a little 1970s style to the Saint-Tropez shores.
The many regions of Bali can make for a confusing planning process. So we did our homework (you're welcome) and came up with this starter kit to make sure you plan the perfect adventure.
It gets us every time—March arrives, but warm weather is still weeks away. Before you hitch yourself onto a Spring Break trip, take our tips for booking a cheap (and easy) last-minute getaway.
Photo Credits: Pig Beach via Shutterstock; South by Southwest 2012 via Shutterstock; Hotel room via Shutterstock; Allegria Spa courtesy of Park Hyatt Beaver Creek; Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez courtesy of Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez; Ubud monkeys via Shutterstock; Mexico resort via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1349 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $449 -- 5-Nt. Bermuda Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $1065 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $379 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line