Swank Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach Now Open
Perfectly positioned on The Walk, a colorful promenade skirting Dubai's waterfront and buzzing with restaurants and shopping stalls, the property touts 398 well-appointed rooms, along with 40 balconied, butler-staffed suites. Guestrooms come decked out in warm gold and red hues, with teak-wood furnishings and bathrooms equipped with soaking tubs; each unit boasts views of the Arabian Gulf.
The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach offers guests easy beach access, plus an infinity-edge pool with swim-up bar, and a glass-walled fitness center. The spa overlooks the Dubai Marina, and, in addition to treatments, proposes a steam room.
Grub and pub options at the hotel are plentiful (note: in Dubai, alcohol is only served at hotels), and include options like the AOC French Brasserie (with outdoor seating); The Hub Bar (Irish-pub fare and beer); Rococo (an Italian-themed eatery); Plantation Bar (cigars, afternoon tea, and decadent bites like scallops with figs); and Infini Pool Lounge Pool Bar (a swim-up bar serving everything from smoothies to Arabian shisha pipes).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays