Swank Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach Now Open
Perfectly positioned on The Walk, a colorful promenade skirting Dubai's waterfront and buzzing with restaurants and shopping stalls, the property touts 398 well-appointed rooms, along with 40 balconied, butler-staffed suites. Guestrooms come decked out in warm gold and red hues, with teak-wood furnishings and bathrooms equipped with soaking tubs; each unit boasts views of the Arabian Gulf.
The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach offers guests easy beach access, plus an infinity-edge pool with swim-up bar, and a glass-walled fitness center. The spa overlooks the Dubai Marina, and, in addition to treatments, proposes a steam room.
Grub and pub options at the hotel are plentiful (note: in Dubai, alcohol is only served at hotels), and include options like the AOC French Brasserie (with outdoor seating); The Hub Bar (Irish-pub fare and beer); Rococo (an Italian-themed eatery); Plantation Bar (cigars, afternoon tea, and decadent bites like scallops with figs); and Infini Pool Lounge Pool Bar (a swim-up bar serving everything from smoothies to Arabian shisha pipes).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2014
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $972* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $188 & up -- 4-Star Costa Rica Resort w/$60 Credit, Save 20%The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal
- $912 & up -- 3-Nts. at Luxe Santiago Hotel using MasterCardW Santiago
- $220 & up -- Miami Beach: Luxe Oceanfront Resort, Reg. $287BookIt.com
- $128-$136 -- Maine: Downtown Portland Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Portland Harborview