Swank Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach Now Open
Perfectly positioned on The Walk, a colorful promenade skirting Dubai's waterfront and buzzing with restaurants and shopping stalls, the property touts 398 well-appointed rooms, along with 40 balconied, butler-staffed suites. Guestrooms come decked out in warm gold and red hues, with teak-wood furnishings and bathrooms equipped with soaking tubs; each unit boasts views of the Arabian Gulf.
The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach offers guests easy beach access, plus an infinity-edge pool with swim-up bar, and a glass-walled fitness center. The spa overlooks the Dubai Marina, and, in addition to treatments, proposes a steam room.
Grub and pub options at the hotel are plentiful (note: in Dubai, alcohol is only served at hotels), and include options like the AOC French Brasserie (with outdoor seating); The Hub Bar (Irish-pub fare and beer); Rococo (an Italian-themed eatery); Plantation Bar (cigars, afternoon tea, and decadent bites like scallops with figs); and Infini Pool Lounge Pool Bar (a swim-up bar serving everything from smoothies to Arabian shisha pipes).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $183-$269 -- NYC: Manhattan Westin thru Holidays, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $139-$162 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $169-$239 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 45%Sheraton Nashville Downtown