Swank Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach Now Open
Perfectly positioned on The Walk, a colorful promenade skirting Dubai's waterfront and buzzing with restaurants and shopping stalls, the property touts 398 well-appointed rooms, along with 40 balconied, butler-staffed suites. Guestrooms come decked out in warm gold and red hues, with teak-wood furnishings and bathrooms equipped with soaking tubs; each unit boasts views of the Arabian Gulf.
The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach offers guests easy beach access, plus an infinity-edge pool with swim-up bar, and a glass-walled fitness center. The spa overlooks the Dubai Marina, and, in addition to treatments, proposes a steam room.
Grub and pub options at the hotel are plentiful (note: in Dubai, alcohol is only served at hotels), and include options like the AOC French Brasserie (with outdoor seating); The Hub Bar (Irish-pub fare and beer); Rococo (an Italian-themed eatery); Plantation Bar (cigars, afternoon tea, and decadent bites like scallops with figs); and Infini Pool Lounge Pool Bar (a swim-up bar serving everything from smoothies to Arabian shisha pipes).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- $59 & up -- Vegas: All-Suite Luxury Hotel, Save 60%Palms Place Hotel & Spa
- $1995 & up -- Italy: 6-Nt. Vacation w/ Hotels & SightseeingTrafalgar Tours
- $275 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $700* & up -- Top Europe Fare Deals on 4-Star Airline, R/TAir France
- $179-$229 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel into Summer, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $1999 -- Morocco 11-Night, 7-City Escorted Adventure w/AirGate 1 Travel