Swank Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach Now Open
Perfectly positioned on The Walk, a colorful promenade skirting Dubai's waterfront and buzzing with restaurants and shopping stalls, the property touts 398 well-appointed rooms, along with 40 balconied, butler-staffed suites. Guestrooms come decked out in warm gold and red hues, with teak-wood furnishings and bathrooms equipped with soaking tubs; each unit boasts views of the Arabian Gulf.
The Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach offers guests easy beach access, plus an infinity-edge pool with swim-up bar, and a glass-walled fitness center. The spa overlooks the Dubai Marina, and, in addition to treatments, proposes a steam room.
Grub and pub options at the hotel are plentiful (note: in Dubai, alcohol is only served at hotels), and include options like the AOC French Brasserie (with outdoor seating); The Hub Bar (Irish-pub fare and beer); Rococo (an Italian-themed eatery); Plantation Bar (cigars, afternoon tea, and decadent bites like scallops with figs); and Infini Pool Lounge Pool Bar (a swim-up bar serving everything from smoothies to Arabian shisha pipes).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $183* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel