Sun, Sand, and Summertime: Weekly Roundup
Memorial Day weekend is here, you guys. And there are two reasons to celebrate: The first (and most important) being the men and women who fight bravely and tirelessly for our many freedoms. And the second is that this is the unofficial start of summer. Think sun-drenched fun in the sand, weekend road trips, and packing light (think swimsuits and little else). We're ready... Are you?
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. But on Long Island's North Fork, you'll be swirling and sipping happily, not to mention dining well.
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. But before you toss everyone (and everything) in the car, read up on these expert tips.
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing. Your options are breakfast on the balcony, lounging by the ocean, and sunset strolls on the beach.
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason. This mountainous and beachy Mediterranean locale is a staple for the European jet set, and we think it's high time you joined them. Get to packing.
Forget the snow-capped peaks for now and consider Colorado your next summertime destination. In warm weather, the Rocky Mountain State delivers with endless festivals and outdoor activities.
Drinking outdoors is a favored pastime in NYC for both locals and visitors. So as the temperatures start rising, we're giving you the upper hand with our list of the best new alfresco hotspots.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $89 & up -- OR: Portland Hotel Sale up to 45% OffTravel Portland
- $729 & up -- Aruba Vacations incl. Air up to $385 OffAruba Tourism Authority
- $259 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 30%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $529 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $89 -- FL: Daytona Beach Oceanfront Hotel w/Upgrade, 40% OffPlaza Beach Resort & Spa
- $1499 -- Danube River: 7-Night Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises