Sun, Sand, and Summertime: Weekly Roundup
Memorial Day weekend is here, you guys. And there are two reasons to celebrate: The first (and most important) being the men and women who fight bravely and tirelessly for our many freedoms. And the second is that this is the unofficial start of summer. Think sun-drenched fun in the sand, weekend road trips, and packing light (think swimsuits and little else). We're ready... Are you?
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. But on Long Island's North Fork, you'll be swirling and sipping happily, not to mention dining well.
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. But before you toss everyone (and everything) in the car, read up on these expert tips.
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing. Your options are breakfast on the balcony, lounging by the ocean, and sunset strolls on the beach.
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason. This mountainous and beachy Mediterranean locale is a staple for the European jet set, and we think it's high time you joined them. Get to packing.
Forget the snow-capped peaks for now and consider Colorado your next summertime destination. In warm weather, the Rocky Mountain State delivers with endless festivals and outdoor activities.
Drinking outdoors is a favored pastime in NYC for both locals and visitors. So as the temperatures start rising, we're giving you the upper hand with our list of the best new alfresco hotspots.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- How to Become a Travel Writer
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $199 & up -- Ends 9/2: Bahamas Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $160-$175 -- Jamaica: New Adults-Only All-Inclusive ResortHotel Riu Palace Jamaica
- $116 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Hotel into December, 40% OffSheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $1687 & up -- 6-Nt. Costa Rica Beach & Volcano Escape w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $119 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali