Step Into: The Bachelorette
Spoiler alert: On last night's finale, Emily picked Jef (!) and said "yes" to his proposal (!)
The Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club, on the Caribbean island of Curaçao off the coast of Venezuela, hosted two one-on-one dates (on July 9th's episode), followed by the rose ceremony and proposal (which was at sister property Sandton Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa, an hourâ€™s drive to West Punt via hotel shuttle) that went down on the series finale. There are three new packages inspired by the show: "Bachelorette Dream," "Bachelorette Experience," and the "Proposal Package." All three are available at Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club.
The Sandton Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa, an intimate, 80-room property in the center of Willemstad, emulates a charming town center with cobblestone walkways and 18th and 19th Century Dutch Colonial Caribbean buildings in popsicle hues, and is the perfect spot for couples to celebrate each other. Then, the Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club sits right on the beach with plenty of thatched-hut umbrellas to relax (or hide) under.
Included in the "Proposal Package" ($1,750 through November 21, and meant to warrant a proposal, of course) are five nights in a deluxe suite (the same accommodations Emily experienced), a visit with local herbalist Dinah Veeris at the botanical gardens, an island tour, and romantic dinner in the Sculpture Garden (where one of the rose ceremonies was held). There are little bonus perks too, like rose-petal turndown service and a chilled Champagne bottle, as well as an add-on for true Bachelorette fans—a midnight recreation of the proposal in the cobblestone courtyard paired with live music, the soft glow of candlelight, and tons of roses.
Not proposing on this trip? By booking the "Bachelorette Dream" package (price on request) guests can recreate Jef and Emily's dates. In addition to five nights in the three-bedroom, two-story Kalki Villa (filled with five dozen roses), the package includes dinner at Zen Garden, a private beachfront dinner, Champagne and strawberries in Jacob's Treehouse Mansion, a private sailing trip to Grote Knip Beach, dolphin swim at the Dolphin Academy, and a private catamaran snorkel excursion.
For a more low-key version, the "Bachelorette Experience" package ($1,650 through December 23) includes roses upon arrival, five nights in an oceanfront studio, a private snorkel trip to Blue Cave, dinner at Zen Garden, a private beachfront dinner, and a moonlit dessert and Champagne experience on the beach, at the end of a rose-petal lined pathp>
Keep in mind that none of the packages come with Chris Harrison.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways