Step Into: The Bachelorette
Spoiler alert: On last night's finale, Emily picked Jef (!) and said "yes" to his proposal (!)
The Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club, on the Caribbean island of Curaçao off the coast of Venezuela, hosted two one-on-one dates (on July 9th's episode), followed by the rose ceremony and proposal (which was at sister property Sandton Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa, an hourâ€™s drive to West Punt via hotel shuttle) that went down on the series finale. There are three new packages inspired by the show: "Bachelorette Dream," "Bachelorette Experience," and the "Proposal Package." All three are available at Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club.
The Sandton Kura Hulanda Hotel & Spa, an intimate, 80-room property in the center of Willemstad, emulates a charming town center with cobblestone walkways and 18th and 19th Century Dutch Colonial Caribbean buildings in popsicle hues, and is the perfect spot for couples to celebrate each other. Then, the Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club sits right on the beach with plenty of thatched-hut umbrellas to relax (or hide) under.
Included in the "Proposal Package" ($1,750 through November 21, and meant to warrant a proposal, of course) are five nights in a deluxe suite (the same accommodations Emily experienced), a visit with local herbalist Dinah Veeris at the botanical gardens, an island tour, and romantic dinner in the Sculpture Garden (where one of the rose ceremonies was held). There are little bonus perks too, like rose-petal turndown service and a chilled Champagne bottle, as well as an add-on for true Bachelorette fans—a midnight recreation of the proposal in the cobblestone courtyard paired with live music, the soft glow of candlelight, and tons of roses.
Not proposing on this trip? By booking the "Bachelorette Dream" package (price on request) guests can recreate Jef and Emily's dates. In addition to five nights in the three-bedroom, two-story Kalki Villa (filled with five dozen roses), the package includes dinner at Zen Garden, a private beachfront dinner, Champagne and strawberries in Jacob's Treehouse Mansion, a private sailing trip to Grote Knip Beach, dolphin swim at the Dolphin Academy, and a private catamaran snorkel excursion.
For a more low-key version, the "Bachelorette Experience" package ($1,650 through December 23) includes roses upon arrival, five nights in an oceanfront studio, a private snorkel trip to Blue Cave, dinner at Zen Garden, a private beachfront dinner, and a moonlit dessert and Champagne experience on the beach, at the end of a rose-petal lined pathp>
Keep in mind that none of the packages come with Chris Harrison.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers