Four Seasons Takes Over Bilila Lodge in the Serengeti
In a move to expand into subsaharan Africa, Four Seasons announced yesterday a long term management agreement with Bilila Lodge, located in the Serengati National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. While the Four Seasons brand is now operating the lodge, it plans to upgrade and rename the property Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti this fall.
Representatives of the hotel brand indicate the the sensitive nature of the preserve is a priority to be balanced with guest experience, including wildlife observation, at the Serengeti property as well as two future destinations in Tanzania.
"The responsibility of taking over such an irreplaceable asset within the Serengeti National Park is one that we take very seriously," said Scott Woroch, executive vice president of worldwide development for Four Seasons. "This is an extremely rare opportunity for Four Seasons in that no other property of this size or scale exists, or is likely to ever be developed again in the Park. With the future development of a luxury tented safari camp in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and an exclusive beach resort on the island of Zanzibar, Four Seasons will offer some of the finest holiday experiences in Tanzania."
The hotel is comprised of 60 rooms, 12 suites, and 5 villas with views of the park, as well as a spa, outdoor pool, and restaurants. Elevated walkways connect the guestrooms to the main house.
Thinking of a trip to Tanzania?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as the best planning advice, check out our Tanzania Travel Guide.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $88 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort w/2-Night Stay, Save 60%The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $116 & up -- 4-Star Washington, D.C. Area Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Alexandria
- $129-$169 -- SoCal: Carlsbad 4-Star Resort near LegolandSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $888 & up -- Trips to Hong Kong, China & Macau up to 65% OffChina National Tourism Office
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 60%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $165-$185 -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Seattle Hotel