Four Seasons Takes Over Bilila Lodge in the Serengeti
In a move to expand into subsaharan Africa, Four Seasons announced yesterday a long term management agreement with Bilila Lodge, located in the Serengati National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. While the Four Seasons brand is now operating the lodge, it plans to upgrade and rename the property Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti this fall.
Representatives of the hotel brand indicate the the sensitive nature of the preserve is a priority to be balanced with guest experience, including wildlife observation, at the Serengeti property as well as two future destinations in Tanzania.
"The responsibility of taking over such an irreplaceable asset within the Serengeti National Park is one that we take very seriously," said Scott Woroch, executive vice president of worldwide development for Four Seasons. "This is an extremely rare opportunity for Four Seasons in that no other property of this size or scale exists, or is likely to ever be developed again in the Park. With the future development of a luxury tented safari camp in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and an exclusive beach resort on the island of Zanzibar, Four Seasons will offer some of the finest holiday experiences in Tanzania."
The hotel is comprised of 60 rooms, 12 suites, and 5 villas with views of the park, as well as a spa, outdoor pool, and restaurants. Elevated walkways connect the guestrooms to the main house.
Thinking of a trip to Tanzania?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as the best planning advice, check out our Tanzania Travel Guide.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority
- $1119 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Greek Isles Cruise, Save $330Royal Caribbean
- $66* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $982 & up -- 5-Nt. Belize Jungle, Reefs & Beach w/Air & CarTripMasters.com
- $799 & up -- Balcony on Caribbean Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $499 & up -- Oceanview: 7 Nt. Cruise to the CaribbeanMSC Cruises