Four Seasons Takes Over Bilila Lodge in the Serengeti
In a move to expand into subsaharan Africa, Four Seasons announced yesterday a long term management agreement with Bilila Lodge, located in the Serengati National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. While the Four Seasons brand is now operating the lodge, it plans to upgrade and rename the property Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti this fall.
Representatives of the hotel brand indicate the the sensitive nature of the preserve is a priority to be balanced with guest experience, including wildlife observation, at the Serengeti property as well as two future destinations in Tanzania.
"The responsibility of taking over such an irreplaceable asset within the Serengeti National Park is one that we take very seriously," said Scott Woroch, executive vice president of worldwide development for Four Seasons. "This is an extremely rare opportunity for Four Seasons in that no other property of this size or scale exists, or is likely to ever be developed again in the Park. With the future development of a luxury tented safari camp in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and an exclusive beach resort on the island of Zanzibar, Four Seasons will offer some of the finest holiday experiences in Tanzania."
The hotel is comprised of 60 rooms, 12 suites, and 5 villas with views of the park, as well as a spa, outdoor pool, and restaurants. Elevated walkways connect the guestrooms to the main house.
Thinking of a trip to Tanzania?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as the best planning advice, check out our Tanzania Travel Guide.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $108 & up -- Los Angeles Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $179 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central
- $69* -- Portland to San Jose this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $109* -- Seattle to Sacramento this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $1099 & up -- Ireland: 5-Star Villa Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $99* -- Idaho: Boise to Sacramento this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines