Rosewood Hotels Expanding to Asia
As part of a multi-year, multi-property Asian expansion plan, Rosewood Hotels has announced its first property in Asia will open in Beijing's Chaoyang District in summer 2013 as the Rosewood Beijing. Designed by Australian firm Bar Studio and landscaped by Bangkok company P Landscape, the focus of this luxury hotel will be on outdoor space—a valuable commodity in bustling Beijing.
Rosewood announced that its new hotel's public spaces will have terraces, gardens, and balconies for guests to enjoy. To add to the sense of space, the 279 guestrooms will be some of the largest in Beijing, at 538 square feet, and design elements will focus on window space, "natural finishes," and layouts evocative of apartment space rather than hotel space.
The hotel's exclusive feel will extend to its seven restaurants and lounges, including an "exclusive access lounge" with its own kitchen, bar, Internet station, boardroom and terrace. The Chinese restaurant on premises will include a regular dining room as well as nine large dining suites which come with a separate lounge and terrace. The Rosewood Sense spa will be augmented by five spa suites for overnight stay. Guests can also enjoy an indoor swimming pool, gym, and yoga facilities.
A ballroom and meeting space will also be available for booking. The Rosewood Beijing is the first of ten properties Rosewood plans to add in Asia over the next five years.
Photos courtesy of Rosewood Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $325 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, 20% OffSheraton Waikiki
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines