Rosewood Hotels Expanding to Asia
As part of a multi-year, multi-property Asian expansion plan, Rosewood Hotels has announced its first property in Asia will open in Beijing's Chaoyang District in summer 2013 as the Rosewood Beijing. Designed by Australian firm Bar Studio and landscaped by Bangkok company P Landscape, the focus of this luxury hotel will be on outdoor space—a valuable commodity in bustling Beijing.
Rosewood announced that its new hotel's public spaces will have terraces, gardens, and balconies for guests to enjoy. To add to the sense of space, the 279 guestrooms will be some of the largest in Beijing, at 538 square feet, and design elements will focus on window space, "natural finishes," and layouts evocative of apartment space rather than hotel space.
The hotel's exclusive feel will extend to its seven restaurants and lounges, including an "exclusive access lounge" with its own kitchen, bar, Internet station, boardroom and terrace. The Chinese restaurant on premises will include a regular dining room as well as nine large dining suites which come with a separate lounge and terrace. The Rosewood Sense spa will be augmented by five spa suites for overnight stay. Guests can also enjoy an indoor swimming pool, gym, and yoga facilities.
A ballroom and meeting space will also be available for booking. The Rosewood Beijing is the first of ten properties Rosewood plans to add in Asia over the next five years.
Photos courtesy of Rosewood Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $129-$169 -- SoCal: Carlsbad 4-Star Resort near LegolandSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $197 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $125 & up -- Tucson, AZ: 4-Diamond Resort, Save 60%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $131 & up -- Alabama: 4-Star Birmingham Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Birmingham
- $249 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, 20% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $247 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston