Rosewood Hotels Expanding to Asia
As part of a multi-year, multi-property Asian expansion plan, Rosewood Hotels has announced its first property in Asia will open in Beijing's Chaoyang District in summer 2013 as the Rosewood Beijing. Designed by Australian firm Bar Studio and landscaped by Bangkok company P Landscape, the focus of this luxury hotel will be on outdoor space—a valuable commodity in bustling Beijing.
Rosewood announced that its new hotel's public spaces will have terraces, gardens, and balconies for guests to enjoy. To add to the sense of space, the 279 guestrooms will be some of the largest in Beijing, at 538 square feet, and design elements will focus on window space, "natural finishes," and layouts evocative of apartment space rather than hotel space.
The hotel's exclusive feel will extend to its seven restaurants and lounges, including an "exclusive access lounge" with its own kitchen, bar, Internet station, boardroom and terrace. The Chinese restaurant on premises will include a regular dining room as well as nine large dining suites which come with a separate lounge and terrace. The Rosewood Sense spa will be augmented by five spa suites for overnight stay. Guests can also enjoy an indoor swimming pool, gym, and yoga facilities.
A ballroom and meeting space will also be available for booking. The Rosewood Beijing is the first of ten properties Rosewood plans to add in Asia over the next five years.
Photos courtesy of Rosewood Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays