Rosewood Hotels Expanding to Asia
As part of a multi-year, multi-property Asian expansion plan, Rosewood Hotels has announced its first property in Asia will open in Beijing's Chaoyang District in summer 2013 as the Rosewood Beijing. Designed by Australian firm Bar Studio and landscaped by Bangkok company P Landscape, the focus of this luxury hotel will be on outdoor space—a valuable commodity in bustling Beijing.
Rosewood announced that its new hotel's public spaces will have terraces, gardens, and balconies for guests to enjoy. To add to the sense of space, the 279 guestrooms will be some of the largest in Beijing, at 538 square feet, and design elements will focus on window space, "natural finishes," and layouts evocative of apartment space rather than hotel space.
The hotel's exclusive feel will extend to its seven restaurants and lounges, including an "exclusive access lounge" with its own kitchen, bar, Internet station, boardroom and terrace. The Chinese restaurant on premises will include a regular dining room as well as nine large dining suites which come with a separate lounge and terrace. The Rosewood Sense spa will be augmented by five spa suites for overnight stay. Guests can also enjoy an indoor swimming pool, gym, and yoga facilities.
A ballroom and meeting space will also be available for booking. The Rosewood Beijing is the first of ten properties Rosewood plans to add in Asia over the next five years.
Photos courtesy of Rosewood Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $649 -- Exotic Caribbean Cruises w/Tips & Unlimited DrinksAvoya Travel
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $644 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Winter Caribbean Cruise on PrincessCruise.com
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts