South America's Hottest New Hotels
High season in South America has tempered with the cold of winter, but new properties across the region, spanning from flashy cosmopolitan digs to serene escapes, continue to lure travelers. Here are some of the top new hotels we're most excited about checking out any time of year.
Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires has no shortage of boutique hotels, but few rise as high as the city's new four-star Hotel Pultizer. The hotel has a contemporary feel and the fresh design of the lobby and communal spaces carries into the locale's 100+ rooms. The hotel also has become a social epicenter for the Buenos Aires stylish set with post-work parties happening when it's warm on the roof every Thursday where local DJ talent spin and people sip cocktails overlooking the ritzy surrounding area.
Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco
Travelers planning a Peru trip with a stop in Cusco, the heart of the country's fabled Sacred Valley, should check out and check into Palacio Nazarenas from Orient Express. The all-suites property is draw-dropping beautiful and centrally located. The structure is a former convent turned high-end boutique hotel thanks to years of renovations, and recently opened.
Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, Torres del Paine
The Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa sits where the tip of South America narrows to meet the edge of the world. The Patagonian hotel and spa, which includes 40 wood-paneled rooms, combines rustic comfort with luxury. The hotel was designed as a low-rise so as to respect the surrounding landscape, and it faces the august peaks of the Parque Nacional Torres del Paine. Guests recover from days spent climbing with indulgent, spa treatments right on site.
Hilton Bogotá, Colombia
Tourism to Colombia continues to boom with more tourists arriving to experience the country's cosmopolitan excitement, sand, salsa and infectious spirit. (It was also chosen as one of the top 21 Places to Go in 2012 on Fodors.com.) The city's capital is now the site of a modern, luxe Hilton hotel, Hilton Bogota, drawing in busy professionals as well as unhurried vacationers. Geometric shapes are worked into the sleek, dark exterior as well as the hotel's restaurant and seductive lobby bar.
Hacienda Concepción, Puerto Maldonado
Located on a lush stretch, 819 hectares to be exact, of the Peruvian Amazon between Tambopata National Park and the Madre de Dios river is Hacienda Concepcion. The lodge is the newest of the Inkaterra properties and has only eight luminous rooms and seven spacious cabañas. The locale is family-friendly and privacy as guaranteed, as it can only be reached from the nearest town by canoe. Visitors can spend the day exploring the surrounding environment and relax at night with a pisco sour.
Photo Credits: Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires: Courtesy of Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires; Palacio Nazarenas: Adrian Houston Limited; Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa: Courtesy of Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa; Hilton Bogota: Mauricio Mendoza; Hacienda Concepcion: alvaro978.com
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Fodor's Approved: Best Summer Weekend Bags
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers