South America's Hottest New Hotels
High season in South America has tempered with the cold of winter, but new properties across the region, spanning from flashy cosmopolitan digs to serene escapes, continue to lure travelers. Here are some of the top new hotels we're most excited about checking out any time of year.
Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires has no shortage of boutique hotels, but few rise as high as the city's new four-star Hotel Pultizer. The hotel has a contemporary feel and the fresh design of the lobby and communal spaces carries into the locale's 100+ rooms. The hotel also has become a social epicenter for the Buenos Aires stylish set with post-work parties happening when it's warm on the roof every Thursday where local DJ talent spin and people sip cocktails overlooking the ritzy surrounding area.
Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco
Travelers planning a Peru trip with a stop in Cusco, the heart of the country's fabled Sacred Valley, should check out and check into Palacio Nazarenas from Orient Express. The all-suites property is draw-dropping beautiful and centrally located. The structure is a former convent turned high-end boutique hotel thanks to years of renovations, and recently opened.
Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, Torres del Paine
The Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa sits where the tip of South America narrows to meet the edge of the world. The Patagonian hotel and spa, which includes 40 wood-paneled rooms, combines rustic comfort with luxury. The hotel was designed as a low-rise so as to respect the surrounding landscape, and it faces the august peaks of the Parque Nacional Torres del Paine. Guests recover from days spent climbing with indulgent, spa treatments right on site.
Hilton Bogotá, Colombia
Tourism to Colombia continues to boom with more tourists arriving to experience the country's cosmopolitan excitement, sand, salsa and infectious spirit. (It was also chosen as one of the top 21 Places to Go in 2012 on Fodors.com.) The city's capital is now the site of a modern, luxe Hilton hotel, Hilton Bogota, drawing in busy professionals as well as unhurried vacationers. Geometric shapes are worked into the sleek, dark exterior as well as the hotel's restaurant and seductive lobby bar.
Hacienda Concepción, Puerto Maldonado
Located on a lush stretch, 819 hectares to be exact, of the Peruvian Amazon between Tambopata National Park and the Madre de Dios river is Hacienda Concepcion. The lodge is the newest of the Inkaterra properties and has only eight luminous rooms and seven spacious cabañas. The locale is family-friendly and privacy as guaranteed, as it can only be reached from the nearest town by canoe. Visitors can spend the day exploring the surrounding environment and relax at night with a pisco sour.
Photo Credits: Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires: Courtesy of Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires; Palacio Nazarenas: Adrian Houston Limited; Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa: Courtesy of Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa; Hilton Bogota: Mauricio Mendoza; Hacienda Concepcion: alvaro978.com
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays