Classic New England Property Re-Opens as The Nantucket Hotel and Resort
This week, Mark and Gwenn Snider, owners of the Winnetu Oceanside Resort on Martha's Vineyard, announced the opening of their second hotel, the Nantucket Hotel and Resort on the neighboring island of Nantucket. The hotel has undergone several years of renovations which have doubled its size and restored the original architectural style it debuted with in 1891 as the Point Breeze Hotel.
The grand dame property combines the original turn of the century architectural style with modern amenities and comforts. Quaint grey siding, that New England classic detail, is used on large scale throughout the property. With the July 2 opening, there are now 60 rooms, including a variety of guestrooms from one-bedroom suites to cottages, a heated pool and kiddie pool, fitness center, cafe, and a ballroom.
The hotel is close to the center of Nantucket Town as well as to the island's beaches; free shuttles to ferries are also available. A children's evening program is offered for guests looking to take a night on the town to themselves. The concierge is also available to help plan tennis lessons, bike rentals, free yoga, and sailing or kayaking rentals at nearby Jetties Beach.
Room rates start at $175/night in the low season and $435 in the high season with a minimum three night stay. For more information, visit The Nantucket Hotel website.
Photo Credits: Courtesy Nantucket Hotel and Resort
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $119-$129 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $325 & up -- Waikiki: 5-Star Royal Hawaiian Resort, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Sale thru 2015 on Top Airline, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $229 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $179-$199 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites