Classic New England Property Re-Opens as The Nantucket Hotel and Resort
This week, Mark and Gwenn Snider, owners of the Winnetu Oceanside Resort on Martha's Vineyard, announced the opening of their second hotel, the Nantucket Hotel and Resort on the neighboring island of Nantucket. The hotel has undergone several years of renovations which have doubled its size and restored the original architectural style it debuted with in 1891 as the Point Breeze Hotel.
The grand dame property combines the original turn of the century architectural style with modern amenities and comforts. Quaint grey siding, that New England classic detail, is used on large scale throughout the property. With the July 2 opening, there are now 60 rooms, including a variety of guestrooms from one-bedroom suites to cottages, a heated pool and kiddie pool, fitness center, cafe, and a ballroom.
The hotel is close to the center of Nantucket Town as well as to the island's beaches; free shuttles to ferries are also available. A children's evening program is offered for guests looking to take a night on the town to themselves. The concierge is also available to help plan tennis lessons, bike rentals, free yoga, and sailing or kayaking rentals at nearby Jetties Beach.
Room rates start at $175/night in the low season and $435 in the high season with a minimum three night stay. For more information, visit The Nantucket Hotel website.
Photo Credits: Courtesy Nantucket Hotel and Resort
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- Maui: 5-Nt. Trip w/Hawaiian Activities & AirApple Vacations
- $1793 & up -- Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Phuket 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1917 & up -- Fiji Islands, Auckland & Sydney 9-Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $250-$285 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 30%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- $1479 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $109 & up -- Montreal: Downtown 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 45%Le Centre Sheraton Montreal