Classic New England Property Re-Opens as The Nantucket Hotel and Resort
This week, Mark and Gwenn Snider, owners of the Winnetu Oceanside Resort on Martha's Vineyard, announced the opening of their second hotel, the Nantucket Hotel and Resort on the neighboring island of Nantucket. The hotel has undergone several years of renovations which have doubled its size and restored the original architectural style it debuted with in 1891 as the Point Breeze Hotel.
The grand dame property combines the original turn of the century architectural style with modern amenities and comforts. Quaint grey siding, that New England classic detail, is used on large scale throughout the property. With the July 2 opening, there are now 60 rooms, including a variety of guestrooms from one-bedroom suites to cottages, a heated pool and kiddie pool, fitness center, cafe, and a ballroom.
The hotel is close to the center of Nantucket Town as well as to the island's beaches; free shuttles to ferries are also available. A children's evening program is offered for guests looking to take a night on the town to themselves. The concierge is also available to help plan tennis lessons, bike rentals, free yoga, and sailing or kayaking rentals at nearby Jetties Beach.
Room rates start at $175/night in the low season and $435 in the high season with a minimum three night stay. For more information, visit The Nantucket Hotel website.
Photo Credits: Courtesy Nantucket Hotel and Resort
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays