Anantara Opens Hotel and Spa in Abu Dhabi
Hotel brand Anantara has announced the opening of their newest luxury hotel and spa in Abu Dhabi City, the Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa. Set along a protected stretch of mangroves, the hotel offers both the convenience of proximity to the city's cultural scene and the seclusion of a luxe retreat.
Design touches like mashrabiyas and mosaic work highlight the Arabic legacy of the area, while service touches like a welcome gift of dates and local coffee provide familial Asian touches. The hotel features 222 guestrooms and suites, a pool with views of the mangroves, and the mangroves themselves, through which guests can kayak. A walking and cycling promenade allows guests to reach the attractive Abu Dhabi Corniche under their own steam.
Speaking of steam, the Anantara Spa offers guests a wide variety of treatment options, with ten rooms and a traditional hammam, complete with private scrub rooms, Vichy showers, lipomassage, and a hair salon. The treatment menu unites local, traditional therapies with contemporary spa offerings. Pilates and yoga classes are available as well.
Five restaurants and bars offer a variety of dining options. Pachaylen, the hotel's signature restaurant, serves Thai dishes, while Ingredients, the all-day dining option, provides international and Middle Eastern fare. A rooftop lounge supplies views of the mangroves and the city and a place to connect with other guests.
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com