Anantara Opens Hotel and Spa in Abu Dhabi
Hotel brand Anantara has announced the opening of their newest luxury hotel and spa in Abu Dhabi City, the Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa. Set along a protected stretch of mangroves, the hotel offers both the convenience of proximity to the city's cultural scene and the seclusion of a luxe retreat.
Design touches like mashrabiyas and mosaic work highlight the Arabic legacy of the area, while service touches like a welcome gift of dates and local coffee provide familial Asian touches. The hotel features 222 guestrooms and suites, a pool with views of the mangroves, and the mangroves themselves, through which guests can kayak. A walking and cycling promenade allows guests to reach the attractive Abu Dhabi Corniche under their own steam.
Speaking of steam, the Anantara Spa offers guests a wide variety of treatment options, with ten rooms and a traditional hammam, complete with private scrub rooms, Vichy showers, lipomassage, and a hair salon. The treatment menu unites local, traditional therapies with contemporary spa offerings. Pilates and yoga classes are available as well.
Five restaurants and bars offer a variety of dining options. Pachaylen, the hotel's signature restaurant, serves Thai dishes, while Ingredients, the all-day dining option, provides international and Middle Eastern fare. A rooftop lounge supplies views of the mangroves and the city and a place to connect with other guests.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Where to Eat in San Antonio, Texas
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
- 8 Reasons to Visit Philadelphia for the Holidays
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways