Anantara Opens Hotel and Spa in Abu Dhabi
Hotel brand Anantara has announced the opening of their newest luxury hotel and spa in Abu Dhabi City, the Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa. Set along a protected stretch of mangroves, the hotel offers both the convenience of proximity to the city's cultural scene and the seclusion of a luxe retreat.
Design touches like mashrabiyas and mosaic work highlight the Arabic legacy of the area, while service touches like a welcome gift of dates and local coffee provide familial Asian touches. The hotel features 222 guestrooms and suites, a pool with views of the mangroves, and the mangroves themselves, through which guests can kayak. A walking and cycling promenade allows guests to reach the attractive Abu Dhabi Corniche under their own steam.
Speaking of steam, the Anantara Spa offers guests a wide variety of treatment options, with ten rooms and a traditional hammam, complete with private scrub rooms, Vichy showers, lipomassage, and a hair salon. The treatment menu unites local, traditional therapies with contemporary spa offerings. Pilates and yoga classes are available as well.
Five restaurants and bars offer a variety of dining options. Pachaylen, the hotel's signature restaurant, serves Thai dishes, while Ingredients, the all-day dining option, provides international and Middle Eastern fare. A rooftop lounge supplies views of the mangroves and the city and a place to connect with other guests.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1394 & up -- Ireland: 6-Night Dublin Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $51 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $208-- Miami: New Luxury South Beach Hotel, Reg. $449The Redbury, South Beach
- $429 & up -- South Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle