The Attwater Hotel Opens in Newport
Earlier this month, The Attwater Hotel debuted in Newport, Rhode Island, with a design in tune with the shore-side ambiance that has lured many vacationers to America's smallest state. Tucked into the city's historic district on Bellevue Avenue, the 1910 building was recently renovated by David Brady Carpentry.
Led by Rachel Reider Interiors of Boston, the interior look consists of mod geometrics in bright colors inspired by the surrounding nature—like turquoise, navy, sunny yellow, and perky green—and cast against a white backdrop. Silver accents and lacquered surfaces are an ode to Newport's nautical history. In fact, Newport's harbor is a quick walk away. In each of the 12 rooms and suites are little luxuries like iPads and Apple TV, complimentary WiFi, iPod docking stations and beach bags. Gas-burning fireplaces can be found in the suites.
Guests can indulge in baked goods such as brioche au chocolat, lemon lust bars, or sea salt and cracked pepper biscuits, granola, organic teas and espresso drinks each morning and afternoon in the café. French Press is free to guests any time of the day, so whether you need an afternoon jolt or a reason to get out of bed, the hotel has you covered.
Details: Rates from $159-$479 per night.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Attwater hotel.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1139 & up -- Big Island & Oahu 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelTripMasters.com
- $909 & up -- Greece: Escorted Athens Land-Only Trip w/CruiseApple Vacations
- $999 & up -- Maui: 5-Nt. Trip w/Hawaiian Activities & AirApple Vacations
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $599 -- Balcony: Caribbean 7-Night Cruise incl. $150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1052 -- Budapest to Vienna: 3-Nt. Danube River CruiseAvalon Waterways