The Attwater Hotel Opens in Newport
Earlier this month, The Attwater Hotel debuted in Newport, Rhode Island, with a design in tune with the shore-side ambiance that has lured many vacationers to America's smallest state. Tucked into the city's historic district on Bellevue Avenue, the 1910 building was recently renovated by David Brady Carpentry.
Led by Rachel Reider Interiors of Boston, the interior look consists of mod geometrics in bright colors inspired by the surrounding nature—like turquoise, navy, sunny yellow, and perky green—and cast against a white backdrop. Silver accents and lacquered surfaces are an ode to Newport's nautical history. In fact, Newport's harbor is a quick walk away. In each of the 12 rooms and suites are little luxuries like iPads and Apple TV, complimentary WiFi, iPod docking stations and beach bags. Gas-burning fireplaces can be found in the suites.
Guests can indulge in baked goods such as brioche au chocolat, lemon lust bars, or sea salt and cracked pepper biscuits, granola, organic teas and espresso drinks each morning and afternoon in the café. French Press is free to guests any time of the day, so whether you need an afternoon jolt or a reason to get out of bed, the hotel has you covered.
Details: Rates from $159-$479 per night.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Attwater hotel.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $2999 -- Australia 11-Nt. Trip incl. Sydney & Uluru w/AirAspire Down Under
- 25% Off -- Amtrak Northeast Regional FaresAmtrak
- $80 & up -- Houston Hotel Sale incl. Westins, 60% OffStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $58 -- Ireland: Bunratty Castle Medieval Banquet & ShowTourism Ireland
- $97 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $4549 -- Australia Outback, Reef & Melbourne Escape w/AirAspire Down Under