The Attwater Hotel Opens in Newport
Earlier this month, The Attwater Hotel debuted in Newport, Rhode Island, with a design in tune with the shore-side ambiance that has lured many vacationers to America's smallest state. Tucked into the city's historic district on Bellevue Avenue, the 1910 building was recently renovated by David Brady Carpentry.
Led by Rachel Reider Interiors of Boston, the interior look consists of mod geometrics in bright colors inspired by the surrounding nature—like turquoise, navy, sunny yellow, and perky green—and cast against a white backdrop. Silver accents and lacquered surfaces are an ode to Newport's nautical history. In fact, Newport's harbor is a quick walk away. In each of the 12 rooms and suites are little luxuries like iPads and Apple TV, complimentary WiFi, iPod docking stations and beach bags. Gas-burning fireplaces can be found in the suites.
Guests can indulge in baked goods such as brioche au chocolat, lemon lust bars, or sea salt and cracked pepper biscuits, granola, organic teas and espresso drinks each morning and afternoon in the café. French Press is free to guests any time of the day, so whether you need an afternoon jolt or a reason to get out of bed, the hotel has you covered.
Details: Rates from $159-$479 per night.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Attwater hotel.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays