Sprinkles Cupcakes to Hit the Middle East
To the delight of homesick American travelers and expats, Sprinkles Cupcakes will soon be available in several Middle Eastern countries. The Beverly Hills-based cupcake purveyor has announced a partnership with international retail franchise operator M.H. Alshaya Co. to bring Sprinkles cupcakes to 34 locations in the Middle East, with its first unit in the region opening in Kuwait, in December. Now residents of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE can feast upon red velvet, ginger-lemon, and mocha cupcakes, among the tasty selections.
"Our cupcakes are a sophisticated update on an American classic and have developed a strong international fan base among overseas visitors," said Sprinkles founder Candace Nelson.
Sprinkles operates 10 locations in the US, including New York, Chicago, and Washington, DC. Known as a high-end cupcakery, Sprinkles has been producing the addictive mini-cakes since 2005. This year also saw the innovation of the company's 24-hour cupcake vending machine in Beverly Hills, which we're hoping will become a nationwide trend.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Sprinkles
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
i live in the middle east currently and i love cupcakes and most of the time it is hard to come by great ones ... can't wait!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $579 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $209 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Cruise to Cozumel, 40% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $199 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $50 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel