Sprinkles Cupcakes to Hit the Middle East
To the delight of homesick American travelers and expats, Sprinkles Cupcakes will soon be available in several Middle Eastern countries. The Beverly Hills-based cupcake purveyor has announced a partnership with international retail franchise operator M.H. Alshaya Co. to bring Sprinkles cupcakes to 34 locations in the Middle East, with its first unit in the region opening in Kuwait, in December. Now residents of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE can feast upon red velvet, ginger-lemon, and mocha cupcakes, among the tasty selections.
"Our cupcakes are a sophisticated update on an American classic and have developed a strong international fan base among overseas visitors," said Sprinkles founder Candace Nelson.
Sprinkles operates 10 locations in the US, including New York, Chicago, and Washington, DC. Known as a high-end cupcakery, Sprinkles has been producing the addictive mini-cakes since 2005. This year also saw the innovation of the company's 24-hour cupcake vending machine in Beverly Hills, which we're hoping will become a nationwide trend.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Sprinkles
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
i live in the middle east currently and i love cupcakes and most of the time it is hard to come by great ones ... can't wait!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $64 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disneyland thru Summer, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $152 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $150 & up -- Baltimore: 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $739 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $49* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, O/WAlaska Airlines