Visits to Southfork Ranch Double with Premiere of Dallas Reprise
TNT's reboot of the popular 80's drama Dallas premiered on Wednesday to 6.9 million viewers, according to TVGuide.com, garnering the series the No. 1 scripted series premier spot for the year, and TNT the No. 1 basic cable network spot for the night.
While it remains to be seen where the Ewings' oil-slicked hijinks will take them this year, traffic has already picked up at the legendary Southfork Ranch near Dallas, Texas, where both the original and the reboot have been filmed. Janna Timm, a marketer for Southfork, reported to NBCDFW.com that the number visitors over the past few weeks has increased, numbering around 300 each day last weekend, up from 100-150 a day.
Southfork Ranch offers fans of the series old and new the opportunity to tour exhibits based on the series. The Ewing Mansion is available to visit, as well as an exhibit entitled "Dallas Legends," which includes such legendary props as the infamous gun that shot J.R., Lucy's wedding dress, and Jock's Lincoln Continental. Tours are available for the grounds, and visitors can eat at Miss Ellie's Deli, or browse the selection at two souvenir stores. Those who want an even more immersive experience can opt for a Chuckwagon Dinner, complete with tour of the exhibits, a tram ride, and a camp dinner featuring cowboy songs and ranch hand bards.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Southfork Ranch
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand