Visits to Southfork Ranch Double with Premiere of Dallas Reprise
TNT's reboot of the popular 80's drama Dallas premiered on Wednesday to 6.9 million viewers, according to TVGuide.com, garnering the series the No. 1 scripted series premier spot for the year, and TNT the No. 1 basic cable network spot for the night.
While it remains to be seen where the Ewings' oil-slicked hijinks will take them this year, traffic has already picked up at the legendary Southfork Ranch near Dallas, Texas, where both the original and the reboot have been filmed. Janna Timm, a marketer for Southfork, reported to NBCDFW.com that the number visitors over the past few weeks has increased, numbering around 300 each day last weekend, up from 100-150 a day.
Southfork Ranch offers fans of the series old and new the opportunity to tour exhibits based on the series. The Ewing Mansion is available to visit, as well as an exhibit entitled "Dallas Legends," which includes such legendary props as the infamous gun that shot J.R., Lucy's wedding dress, and Jock's Lincoln Continental. Tours are available for the grounds, and visitors can eat at Miss Ellie's Deli, or browse the selection at two souvenir stores. Those who want an even more immersive experience can opt for a Chuckwagon Dinner, complete with tour of the exhibits, a tram ride, and a camp dinner featuring cowboy songs and ranch hand bards.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Southfork Ranch
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2441 & up -- France: Burgundy & Provence River CruiseAvalon Waterways
- $1049 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. 'Kids Stay Free' Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $769 & up -- Cancun: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $389 & up -- 5-Night Cruises to Canada & New EnglandCarnival Cruise Lines
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale