Onefinestay Provides iPhones for Guests
For those of us who have experienced the frustration of the dreaded roam – that is, the moment you step into another country, and your smartphone switches into money-guzzling roam mode– the elegantly simple solution offered by London's onefinestay is a welcome relief. Book a stay at one of their residential homes and they give you a free iPhone for use while you're on vacation. Not only do you avoid roaming charges, you have the added benefit of insider apps provided by the company to help you navigate London like a local.
The iPhone comes loaded with recommendations for the area, information about the home, currency converter and itinerary planner, access to housekeeping for additional cleaning and room service, telephone numbers for services like babysitting or bike rentals, and access to various travel guides. If you're really old-school, you can actually use the phone as a phone (how quaint); local calls are free, as are internet access, Google maps, and a weather app.
onefinestay bills itself as London's "first unhotel," because visitors actually stay in real homes while the owners are away. Call it immersive travel without those pesky legal issues. The company handpicks the homes, so there's no need to worry about walking into a taxidermy ferret collection or a flooded basement. Amenities like White Company or Kiehl's toiletries, fresh towels, free Wifi, a phone-in 24/7 help desk, and a concierge welcome make for a hotel-like experience while the homey residence provides a cozy respite from impersonal hotel rooms. To add to your experience, the homeowners leave you with recommendations for things to do in your area, so you can hit the ground running or, you know, lazily sauntering.
Photo credit: Courtesy of onefinestay; London via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2044 & up -- Scotland & Ireland B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours
- $419 & up -- Bahamas 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $982 & up -- 5-Nt. Belize Jungle, Reefs & Beach w/Air & CarTripMasters.com
- $459 & up -- Weeklong Canada & New England CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $799 & up -- Balcony on Caribbean Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $399 -- 7 Night Cruise to St. Maarten from MiamiMSC Cruises