Set Sail with Buzz Lightyear, and More, Aboard Disney Wonder
The family- and film-minded folks behind Disney Cruise Line have announced a series of special Pixar-themed cruises set to unfold aboard the Disney Wonder this fall. The four sailings, scheduled to embark from Los Angeles and cruise the California coast to Ensenada, Mexico, will feature a cast of character actors from popular Pixar films like Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille (Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie, and Buzz Lightyear among them), along with Pixar-themed entertainment and exhibitions designed for kids of all ages.
In addition to special meet-and-greet sessions with Pixar characters, guests aboard the themed sailings can look forward to screenings of Pixar films, including Finding Nemo 3-D and sneak peeks of future Pixar flicks; artist- and filmmaker-led presentations highlighting the creative process behind animated films; art exhibitions showcasing storyboards, character sketches, and other film-related art; and even Pixar-themed dance parties. All guests aboard will also receive a commemorative lithograph designed by Steve Purcell, Pixar artist and co-director/screenwriter for Pixar's latest release, Brave.
The 7-night Pixar-themed sailings aboard the 2,700-passenger Disney Wonder sail from LA to San Francisco, San Diego, and Ensenada, Mexico; rates start from $799/person, and embark on select dates between mid-September and mid-October. DisneyCruise.com
Photo Credit: Disney Cruise Line
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $77 & up -- Suite at North Myrtle Beach Resort, 40% OffBeach Cove Resort
- $1615 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6-Nts. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $899 -- Riviera Maya 7-Night All-Incl. Beachfront VacationApple Vacations
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $2199 -- Oceanview: Tahiti 7-Night Luxury Cruise, $1000 OffWindstar Cruises