Set Sail with Buzz Lightyear, and More, Aboard Disney Wonder
The family- and film-minded folks behind Disney Cruise Line have announced a series of special Pixar-themed cruises set to unfold aboard the Disney Wonder this fall. The four sailings, scheduled to embark from Los Angeles and cruise the California coast to Ensenada, Mexico, will feature a cast of character actors from popular Pixar films like Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille (Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie, and Buzz Lightyear among them), along with Pixar-themed entertainment and exhibitions designed for kids of all ages.
In addition to special meet-and-greet sessions with Pixar characters, guests aboard the themed sailings can look forward to screenings of Pixar films, including Finding Nemo 3-D and sneak peeks of future Pixar flicks; artist- and filmmaker-led presentations highlighting the creative process behind animated films; art exhibitions showcasing storyboards, character sketches, and other film-related art; and even Pixar-themed dance parties. All guests aboard will also receive a commemorative lithograph designed by Steve Purcell, Pixar artist and co-director/screenwriter for Pixar's latest release, Brave.
The 7-night Pixar-themed sailings aboard the 2,700-passenger Disney Wonder sail from LA to San Francisco, San Diego, and Ensenada, Mexico; rates start from $799/person, and embark on select dates between mid-September and mid-October. DisneyCruise.com
Photo Credit: Disney Cruise Line
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $1449 & up -- 'Worlds Best' Luxury Sailings on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $949 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line