Fifty Shades of Grey, the Hotel Package?
By Kristine Hansen
File this under: it was only a matter of time. A hotel is capitalizing on the frenzy behind Fifty Shades of Grey. Personality Hotels, a boutique collection of properties in San Francisco and Monterey, California, is putting the latest literary knockout in handcuffs.
Inspired by the sultry, erotic pages within the New York Times bestselling novel Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, the "Fifty Shades of Women" package puts women in the driver's seat when it comes to romance. Included are accommodations at one of three Personality Hotels properties, all of which are in San Francisco's Union Square.
The three hotels are Hotel Diva (rooms are contemporary to the core: think stainless-steel materials and a sea of gray hues); Hotel Union Square (an Art Deco wonder with themed suites like one named after mystery writer Dashiell Hammett and another just for San Francisco Giants fans, as well as rooms decked out in earthy shades like kelly green, mustard and dark red) and Kensington Park Hotel (within a 1925 Gothic style building, its rooms exude elegant decor).
Guests receive an intimacy kit designed by Minna Life that's tastefully wrapped in a black satin scarf with a pink feather. Inside are sex toys like an Ola vibrator, bottle of Liquid Silk lubricant, pom-pom feather, and designer condoms from Art of Lust (the packaging features designs from up-and-coming artists, for some unexpected bling).
Rates start at $369 per night.
Photo credits: Guestroom at Hotel Diva courtesy of Hotel Diva; Intimacy Kit courtesy of Minna Life
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015