Fifty Shades of Grey, the Hotel Package?
By Kristine Hansen
File this under: it was only a matter of time. A hotel is capitalizing on the frenzy behind Fifty Shades of Grey. Personality Hotels, a boutique collection of properties in San Francisco and Monterey, California, is putting the latest literary knockout in handcuffs.
Inspired by the sultry, erotic pages within the New York Times bestselling novel Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, the "Fifty Shades of Women" package puts women in the driver's seat when it comes to romance. Included are accommodations at one of three Personality Hotels properties, all of which are in San Francisco's Union Square.
The three hotels are Hotel Diva (rooms are contemporary to the core: think stainless-steel materials and a sea of gray hues); Hotel Union Square (an Art Deco wonder with themed suites like one named after mystery writer Dashiell Hammett and another just for San Francisco Giants fans, as well as rooms decked out in earthy shades like kelly green, mustard and dark red) and Kensington Park Hotel (within a 1925 Gothic style building, its rooms exude elegant decor).
Guests receive an intimacy kit designed by Minna Life that's tastefully wrapped in a black satin scarf with a pink feather. Inside are sex toys like an Ola vibrator, bottle of Liquid Silk lubricant, pom-pom feather, and designer condoms from Art of Lust (the packaging features designs from up-and-coming artists, for some unexpected bling).
Rates start at $369 per night.
Photo credits: Guestroom at Hotel Diva courtesy of Hotel Diva; Intimacy Kit courtesy of Minna Life
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $499* & up -- Scandinavia & Europe Winter & Spring Sale, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $95* & up -- Fly to Salt Lake City in Fall & Winter (R/T)Ski City USA
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $95-$115 -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites