Fifty Shades of Grey, the Hotel Package?
By Kristine Hansen
File this under: it was only a matter of time. A hotel is capitalizing on the frenzy behind Fifty Shades of Grey. Personality Hotels, a boutique collection of properties in San Francisco and Monterey, California, is putting the latest literary knockout in handcuffs.
Inspired by the sultry, erotic pages within the New York Times bestselling novel Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, the "Fifty Shades of Women" package puts women in the driver's seat when it comes to romance. Included are accommodations at one of three Personality Hotels properties, all of which are in San Francisco's Union Square.
The three hotels are Hotel Diva (rooms are contemporary to the core: think stainless-steel materials and a sea of gray hues); Hotel Union Square (an Art Deco wonder with themed suites like one named after mystery writer Dashiell Hammett and another just for San Francisco Giants fans, as well as rooms decked out in earthy shades like kelly green, mustard and dark red) and Kensington Park Hotel (within a 1925 Gothic style building, its rooms exude elegant decor).
Guests receive an intimacy kit designed by Minna Life that's tastefully wrapped in a black satin scarf with a pink feather. Inside are sex toys like an Ola vibrator, bottle of Liquid Silk lubricant, pom-pom feather, and designer condoms from Art of Lust (the packaging features designs from up-and-coming artists, for some unexpected bling).
Rates start at $369 per night.
Photo credits: Guestroom at Hotel Diva courtesy of Hotel Diva; Intimacy Kit courtesy of Minna Life
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $1065 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $629 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. Vacation w/Spa Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com