Fifty Shades of Grey, the Hotel Package?
By Kristine Hansen
File this under: it was only a matter of time. A hotel is capitalizing on the frenzy behind Fifty Shades of Grey. Personality Hotels, a boutique collection of properties in San Francisco and Monterey, California, is putting the latest literary knockout in handcuffs.
Inspired by the sultry, erotic pages within the New York Times bestselling novel Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, the "Fifty Shades of Women" package puts women in the driver's seat when it comes to romance. Included are accommodations at one of three Personality Hotels properties, all of which are in San Francisco's Union Square.
The three hotels are Hotel Diva (rooms are contemporary to the core: think stainless-steel materials and a sea of gray hues); Hotel Union Square (an Art Deco wonder with themed suites like one named after mystery writer Dashiell Hammett and another just for San Francisco Giants fans, as well as rooms decked out in earthy shades like kelly green, mustard and dark red) and Kensington Park Hotel (within a 1925 Gothic style building, its rooms exude elegant decor).
Guests receive an intimacy kit designed by Minna Life that's tastefully wrapped in a black satin scarf with a pink feather. Inside are sex toys like an Ola vibrator, bottle of Liquid Silk lubricant, pom-pom feather, and designer condoms from Art of Lust (the packaging features designs from up-and-coming artists, for some unexpected bling).
Rates start at $369 per night.
Photo credits: Guestroom at Hotel Diva courtesy of Hotel Diva; Intimacy Kit courtesy of Minna Life
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays