JetBlue and Hawaiian Airlines Partner on Non-Stop Flights to Honolulu from NYC
As of today, you can fly non-stop on Hawaiian Airlines between John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York City and Honolulu International Airport (HNL), via daily wide-body flights from JetBlue's Terminal 5. Previously, the only non-stop flights to Hawaii from the NYC area were on Continental (they are now on United), between Newark and HNL.
JetBlue Airways and Hawaiian Airlines also just announced an expansion of the partnership they introduced in January, which will benefit members of both airlines' frequent flyer programs and make it easier to visit Hawaii from the East Coast.
Starting today, members of JetBlue's TrueBlue frequent flyer program can earn points for flying on Hawaiian Airlines—one point for every two miles flown on eligible flights. Members of Hawaiian Airlines' HawaiianMiles can earn one mile for every mile flown on eligible JetBlue-operated flights.
To earn points or miles on your next flight to Hawaii, call JetBlue or Hawaiian Airlines reservations and register your TrueBlue or HawaiianMiles number prior to travel.
Travelers can also find convenient connections between points throughout the East Coast and points throughout Hawaii with the signing of a new codeshare agreement that provides one-stop check-in and seamless flight connections. Effective May 30, Hawaiian placed its HA code on a host of connecting JetBlue flights, making it easy to find the most convenient connections. Customers can book their codeshare connecting travel online at HawaiianAirlines.com, third party travel sites, or by calling Hawaiian Airlines or travel agents.
JetBlue and Hawaiian airlines announced their partnership in January, allowing customers to book a single combined ticket for connecting Hawaiian and JetBlue-operated flights, and benefits that include one-stop check-in and baggage transfer between JFK and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), where Hawaiian offers multiple daily departures to Hawaii.
Fodors.com contributor Cathleen McCarthy is the rewards expert for CreditCards.com and covers entertainment and travel deals on her own network, Save on Cities. Her stories have appeared in The Washington Post, WSJ, Amtrak ARRIVE, Town & Country, and inflight magazines.
Photo credit: JetBlue via Shutterstock
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
It's actually a Hawaiian Airlines flight JFK-HNL, not JetBlue. They don't have aircraft that are able to fly that far, or are able to service Hawaii. And, FYI, Continental ceased to exist in March. They are called United now. Please correct your errors.
While there's a partnership with JetBlue and Hawaiian Airlines to provide seamless connections for their customers - it's actually HAWAIIAN that's now flying direct from JFK to HNL. They are flying out of JetBlue's terminal at JFK (Terminal 5)
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $854 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/$100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico
- $160-$175 -- Jamaica: New Adults-Only All-Inclusive ResortHotel Riu Palace Jamaica
- $1499 -- Suite: Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$1250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2499 -- Panama Canal 15-Nt. Cruise incl. Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet