Design Hotels Opens First Property in Sydney
Design Hotels, proprietors of sleek, design-heavy boutique hotels worldwide, has announced the September launch of its first property in Sydney, Australia. The hotel, QT Sydney, will open in the iconic and now-closed Gowings department store and the State Theater building.
While the lower levels of the building were not changed, important original architectural details, including wood flooring, display cases from the department store, and elements of the facade, were restored to pay homage to the rich history of the department store and the theater.
Providing easy access to Sydney's vibrant downtown scene, the property features 200 guest rooms in 12 vibrant styles each with oversized bathtubs and unique pieces that reference the building's past, as well as a similarly styled bar and grill, a lounge, a cafe, and a spa. Keep an eye out for the gargoyles on the side of the building.
For more details or to book, visit DesignHotels.com/QT_Sydney.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Design Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $219 & up -- 5-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Hotel, 25% OffThe Beloved Hotel
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $629 & up -- Jamaica Beach Trip w/Air & Kids Free, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $299 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $949 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $719 & up -- 4-Nt. Riviera Maya Escape w/Resort Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com