Design Hotels Opens First Property in Sydney
Design Hotels, proprietors of sleek, design-heavy boutique hotels worldwide, has announced the September launch of its first property in Sydney, Australia. The hotel, QT Sydney, will open in the iconic and now-closed Gowings department store and the State Theater building.
While the lower levels of the building were not changed, important original architectural details, including wood flooring, display cases from the department store, and elements of the facade, were restored to pay homage to the rich history of the department store and the theater.
Providing easy access to Sydney's vibrant downtown scene, the property features 200 guest rooms in 12 vibrant styles each with oversized bathtubs and unique pieces that reference the building's past, as well as a similarly styled bar and grill, a lounge, a cafe, and a spa. Keep an eye out for the gargoyles on the side of the building.
For more details or to book, visit DesignHotels.com/QT_Sydney.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Design Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa