Design Hotels Opens First Property in Sydney
Design Hotels, proprietors of sleek, design-heavy boutique hotels worldwide, has announced the September launch of its first property in Sydney, Australia. The hotel, QT Sydney, will open in the iconic and now-closed Gowings department store and the State Theater building.
While the lower levels of the building were not changed, important original architectural details, including wood flooring, display cases from the department store, and elements of the facade, were restored to pay homage to the rich history of the department store and the theater.
Providing easy access to Sydney's vibrant downtown scene, the property features 200 guest rooms in 12 vibrant styles each with oversized bathtubs and unique pieces that reference the building's past, as well as a similarly styled bar and grill, a lounge, a cafe, and a spa. Keep an eye out for the gargoyles on the side of the building.
For more details or to book, visit DesignHotels.com/QT_Sydney.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Design Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $199-$249 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $115 & up -- Aruba Hotel & Resort Deals up to 45% OffAruba Tourism Authority
- $129 -- Florida Keys: 1-Bedroom Suite w/Extras, 45% OffOcean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
- $180* & up -- Europe & Scandinavia Spring Fares, One-WayNorwegian Air Shuttle
- $159 -- Hip Los Angeles Hotel w/Parking & $25 CreditHotel Angeleno
- $899* & up -- Asia Fare Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/TSingapore Airlines