Design Hotels Opens First Property in Sydney
Design Hotels, proprietors of sleek, design-heavy boutique hotels worldwide, has announced the September launch of its first property in Sydney, Australia. The hotel, QT Sydney, will open in the iconic and now-closed Gowings department store and the State Theater building.
While the lower levels of the building were not changed, important original architectural details, including wood flooring, display cases from the department store, and elements of the facade, were restored to pay homage to the rich history of the department store and the theater.
Providing easy access to Sydney's vibrant downtown scene, the property features 200 guest rooms in 12 vibrant styles each with oversized bathtubs and unique pieces that reference the building's past, as well as a similarly styled bar and grill, a lounge, a cafe, and a spa. Keep an eye out for the gargoyles on the side of the building.
For more details or to book, visit DesignHotels.com/QT_Sydney.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Design Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- $66-$74 -- Vegas: New 4-Star Resort on The Strip, 25% OffSLS Las Vegas
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $1995 & up -- Australia 12-Night, 4-City Land Only EscapeSpringboard Vacations
- $1942 & up -- Spain: 4-City, Self-Drive Tour w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $599 & up -- Jamaica: Riu Negril Getaway w/Air, Save $300CheapCaribbean.com
- $98 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Resort, Save 65%Westin Snowmass Resort