Design Hotels Opens First Property in Sydney
Design Hotels, proprietors of sleek, design-heavy boutique hotels worldwide, has announced the September launch of its first property in Sydney, Australia. The hotel, QT Sydney, will open in the iconic and now-closed Gowings department store and the State Theater building.
While the lower levels of the building were not changed, important original architectural details, including wood flooring, display cases from the department store, and elements of the facade, were restored to pay homage to the rich history of the department store and the theater.
Providing easy access to Sydney's vibrant downtown scene, the property features 200 guest rooms in 12 vibrant styles each with oversized bathtubs and unique pieces that reference the building's past, as well as a similarly styled bar and grill, a lounge, a cafe, and a spa. Keep an eye out for the gargoyles on the side of the building.
For more details or to book, visit DesignHotels.com/QT_Sydney.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Design Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- $739 & up -- Cabo 'Secrets' All-Incl. Escape w/Air, $430 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $235 & up -- 5-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Hotel, 25% OffThe Beloved Hotel
- $89 -- DE: Dewey Beach Bayfront Hotel w/Breakfast, 40% OffHyatt Place Dewey Beach
- $165 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $51 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, Save 35%Landmark Resort
- $2299 -- Ireland Escorted 12-Night Spring VacationGlobus