Anthony Bourdain Leaves Travel Channel for CNN
Chef, author, and world traveler Anthony Bourdain will be leaving the Travel Channel and his long-standing show Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (as well as his newer show The Layover) and is moving to CNN, where he will host a similarly themed show. Set to launch in early 2013, Bourdain's show on CNN will feature the opinionated host's travels across the world as he explores various destinations via their travel and eating customs.
In a statement on CNN's website, Worldwide Executive Vice President and Managing Editor Mark Whitaker commented on how Bourdain's experience will bring a new angle to CNN's coverage of the world: "Examining the world through the prism of Tony's unique expertise and passions continues CNN's long-standing commitment to international reporting and to promoting global understanding."
Bourdain will also provide insight and commentary on food and health issues other CNN programs. His show will air Sunday nights with repeats on Saturdays.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best Doughnut Shops in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods