Anthony Bourdain Leaves Travel Channel for CNN
Chef, author, and world traveler Anthony Bourdain will be leaving the Travel Channel and his long-standing show Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (as well as his newer show The Layover) and is moving to CNN, where he will host a similarly themed show. Set to launch in early 2013, Bourdain's show on CNN will feature the opinionated host's travels across the world as he explores various destinations via their travel and eating customs.
In a statement on CNN's website, Worldwide Executive Vice President and Managing Editor Mark Whitaker commented on how Bourdain's experience will bring a new angle to CNN's coverage of the world: "Examining the world through the prism of Tony's unique expertise and passions continues CNN's long-standing commitment to international reporting and to promoting global understanding."
Bourdain will also provide insight and commentary on food and health issues other CNN programs. His show will air Sunday nights with repeats on Saturdays.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $119-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $139 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 40% OffSan Francisco Travel
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $999 -- 10-Nt. Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$150 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $209 & up -- Baja Mexico 3-Day Carnival CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $270 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago