How to Look Good on the Go
By Janene Mascarella
Let's face it—traveling can be a little rough on your beauty routine. Jet lag, lack of sleep, airport snacks—they all can take a toll on your looks. (Bags should be in the overhead compartment, not under your eyes, right?) Want to look glam even when you're on the go? Here are 8 key products to keep you from looking like your passport photo in real life.
Beat the heat by wiping away any unfortunate makeup meltdowns. The Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes by Garnier ($5.99) are portable (easily thrown in your carry-on) and perfect for any traveling situation. The soft towelettes are infused with a refreshing formula with grape water extract that instantly removes impurities, oil, and makeup in a single swipe.
Take the Tropics with You
Go from glow-in-the-dark to glowing-goddess with The Mystic Tan Perfect Tan Kit Face and Body—($54) specifically designed to give you the deepest, most-natural looking tan ever. The kit includes the Accelerator, Sunless Spray, and Enhancer to ensure your color lasts. All less than 3oz, this kit is perfect for any getaway.
Pretty in Pink
Feeling cheeky? Go bold with color. Maybelline New York's Dream Bouncy Blush ($7.99) is a great way to add some life to your looks. The gel formula is surprisingly light and different. Is it a powder—no wait—it feels like a cream blush. Ok, we're not certain what to call it, but the oil-free formula does feel bouncy-like to the touch and it creates a perfect flush.
Stash an All-In-One
Every girl should have one really great go-to beauty kit. Too Faced Glamour To Go ($22) is a vintage-inspired portable beauty palette with everything you need for eyes, face, and lips. It has eight high-pigment shadows, one silky lip gloss, a best-selling bronzer, and soft, sheer blush. It's a beauty no-brainer and best of all; it helps streamline your routine—less to pack when you're on the road.
For a fast way to take cover and hide any unsightly pimples, Dermablend Quick-Fix Concealer ($23) is a full coverage concealer that does a great job of keeping skin flaws and imperfections totally incognito. There are 10 shades to pick from to perfectly match your tone. Watch dark circles disappear before your eyes.
Freshen Up on the Fly
Airplanes are notorious for horrible, dry air. If your skin is feeling parched, give it a quick spritz with La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water ($8.50 for a TSA-friendly 1.7oz)which is 100% pure natural spring water. The soothing water tones and refreshes skin, with a soft mist. This handy-dandy spritzer is perfect for a quick boost of hydration.
Fight that Frizz
Hotel dryers often don't do the trick, so if you're looking to perfect your locks without outdated, heavy duty tools, try the carry-on friendly Solano 3300 XtraLite Dryer ($159). It's as light as a water bottle but offers 1,800 watts of high-performance power. Tourmaline adds shine and smoothes hair, minimizing flyaways, while Far Infrared technology gently dries the hair from the inside out.
Make Some Magic
Tired? Then it's time to get glowing with Vapour's Trick Stick in "Dazzle" ($20). With just a few strokes you can get that "lit from within" look. (Ssshhh, we won't tell it's a light-reflective magic wand!) Apply it to your eyes, brow bones, cheekbones, lips—anywhere you need a little highlighting pick-me-up.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Garnier; Courtesy of Mystic Tan; Courtesy of Maybelline; Courtesy of Two Faced; Courtesy of Dermablend; Courtesy of La Roche-Posay; Courtesy of Solano; Courtesy of Vapour
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $224 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Summer, Reg. $400The Westin New York Times Square
- $1479 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $598 -- 7-Night Pacific Coastal Cruise w/$75 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $250-$285 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 30%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- $7399 -- Luxury Mediterranean Cruise w/Excursions & R/T AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $270 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago