Paul Gauguin Cruises's Deals on South Pacific Sailings and More
Swank South Pacific cruise operator Paul Gauguin Cruises is offering plenty of reasons to get on board their "Tahiti and the Society Islands" (7 nights), "Society Islands & Tuamotus" (10 nights), "Cook Islands & Society Islands" (11 nights), "Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands" (14 nights), Fiji (12 or 13 nights, 2012 only), and "Australs & Society Islands" (11 nights) cruises for all departures through 2012. Adventure, romance, and peace-and-quiet seekers alike can snag free airfare from L.A. (as much as a $1,600 value). Plus, cruisers looking ahead to their 2013 cruise vacations will have the unique opportunity to embark on newly announced sailing adventures hosted by oceanographer Jean-Michel Cousteau (son of legendary Jacques Cousteau).
Sail aboard the luxe small ship m/s Paul Gauguin, fresh from a $7 million revamp, which was completed in January. Carrying just 332 passengers, the ship offers spacious staterooms (some 70 percent are equipped with balconies), an onboard water sports marina, and a friendly Tahitian staff.
Note: If you book by May 19, you can secure some substantial savings on select departures of the Tahiti and Society Islands cruise through January 2013. Think $700-$2,500 per person plus free airfare from LA. 2012 sail dates include July 21, July 28, August 4, August 11, October 6, October 13, December 15, December 22, and December 29; plus, one additional sailing in 2013, embarking on January 5. Reduced rates start from $3,597/person, and are inclusive of select beverages, gratuities, water sports, and airfare from Los Angeles.
Or, looking ahead to 2013, oceanographer, environmentalist, and founder of the Ocean Futures Society, Jean-Michel Cousteau will guest host four sailings on the Paul Gauguin. Cruisers can expect the accompaniment of Cousteau on several dives, plus onboard lectures related to his work with oceanography. The assorted 10- to 14-night itineraries in the Marquesas, Cook Islands, and beyond, will be held on February 2, June 26, September 21, and November 2 in 2013, with rates from $4,995/person; PGCruises.com.
Photo Credit: Paul Gauguin Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1599 -- 15-Night Hawaiian Islands Cruise w/$250 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $499 & up -- 4-Nt. La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $2435 & up -- Prague, Vienna & Budapest: 8 Nights w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $299 -- Maui: Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 20%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club