Paul Gauguin Cruises's Deals on South Pacific Sailings and More
Swank South Pacific cruise operator Paul Gauguin Cruises is offering plenty of reasons to get on board their "Tahiti and the Society Islands" (7 nights), "Society Islands & Tuamotus" (10 nights), "Cook Islands & Society Islands" (11 nights), "Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands" (14 nights), Fiji (12 or 13 nights, 2012 only), and "Australs & Society Islands" (11 nights) cruises for all departures through 2012. Adventure, romance, and peace-and-quiet seekers alike can snag free airfare from L.A. (as much as a $1,600 value). Plus, cruisers looking ahead to their 2013 cruise vacations will have the unique opportunity to embark on newly announced sailing adventures hosted by oceanographer Jean-Michel Cousteau (son of legendary Jacques Cousteau).
Sail aboard the luxe small ship m/s Paul Gauguin, fresh from a $7 million revamp, which was completed in January. Carrying just 332 passengers, the ship offers spacious staterooms (some 70 percent are equipped with balconies), an onboard water sports marina, and a friendly Tahitian staff.
Note: If you book by May 19, you can secure some substantial savings on select departures of the Tahiti and Society Islands cruise through January 2013. Think $700-$2,500 per person plus free airfare from LA. 2012 sail dates include July 21, July 28, August 4, August 11, October 6, October 13, December 15, December 22, and December 29; plus, one additional sailing in 2013, embarking on January 5. Reduced rates start from $3,597/person, and are inclusive of select beverages, gratuities, water sports, and airfare from Los Angeles.
Or, looking ahead to 2013, oceanographer, environmentalist, and founder of the Ocean Futures Society, Jean-Michel Cousteau will guest host four sailings on the Paul Gauguin. Cruisers can expect the accompaniment of Cousteau on several dives, plus onboard lectures related to his work with oceanography. The assorted 10- to 14-night itineraries in the Marquesas, Cook Islands, and beyond, will be held on February 2, June 26, September 21, and November 2 in 2013, with rates from $4,995/person; PGCruises.com.
Photo Credit: Paul Gauguin Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $499 & up -- Oceanview: 7 Nt. Cruise to the CaribbeanMSC Cruises
- $1255 & up -- Paris & Amsterdam 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & TrainsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1299 -- Italy: 7-Nt. Tuscany Castle Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $1399 -- Ecuador: 7-Nt. Trip w/Amazon Tour & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $143 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago