Abu Dhabi Tourism Opens Interactive Pop-Up Shop in NYC
Since its fictitious appearance in Sex & the City 2 (the scenes were filmed in Morocco) two years ago, Abu Dhabi—the capital of the United Arab Emirates—has emerged as a top destination for style-conscious travelers.
This weekend a full-on pop-up shop in New York City's Times Square expresses just how cool this destination is. Sponsored by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority's brand-new promotion office that's based in New York City, the interactive pop-up shop debuted today. Visitors to "Travelers Welcome: A Taste of Abu Dhabi's Hospitality"—the name of the shop–can nibble on dates, sip coffee, chat with perfume mixologists, and receive henna body art. There are also giveaways and prizes.
Etihad Airways, an airline serving the destination, is on hand to help travelers with potential itineraries. Non-stop daily flights to Abu Dhabi International Airport from Washington D.C. debut in March 2013. Already, non-stop daily flights are offered from JFK and Chicago O'Hare.
The pop-up shop is open from 10 am to 9 pm May 17–19 in Duffy Square (the Northern half of Times Square, between 45 and 47th Streets and Broadway and 7th Avenues). Partners in the effort include Abercrombie & Kent, Cox & Kings, Linara Travel, Ritz Tours, and Goway Travel—all tour companies poised to present information about their packages.
Photo credits: AP Photo/Jason DeCrow, Insider Images for Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation incl. AirApple Vacations