Abu Dhabi Tourism Opens Interactive Pop-Up Shop in NYC
Since its fictitious appearance in Sex & the City 2 (the scenes were filmed in Morocco) two years ago, Abu Dhabi—the capital of the United Arab Emirates—has emerged as a top destination for style-conscious travelers.
This weekend a full-on pop-up shop in New York City's Times Square expresses just how cool this destination is. Sponsored by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority's brand-new promotion office that's based in New York City, the interactive pop-up shop debuted today. Visitors to "Travelers Welcome: A Taste of Abu Dhabi's Hospitality"—the name of the shop–can nibble on dates, sip coffee, chat with perfume mixologists, and receive henna body art. There are also giveaways and prizes.
Etihad Airways, an airline serving the destination, is on hand to help travelers with potential itineraries. Non-stop daily flights to Abu Dhabi International Airport from Washington D.C. debut in March 2013. Already, non-stop daily flights are offered from JFK and Chicago O'Hare.
The pop-up shop is open from 10 am to 9 pm May 17–19 in Duffy Square (the Northern half of Times Square, between 45 and 47th Streets and Broadway and 7th Avenues). Partners in the effort include Abercrombie & Kent, Cox & Kings, Linara Travel, Ritz Tours, and Goway Travel—all tour companies poised to present information about their packages.
Photo credits: AP Photo/Jason DeCrow, Insider Images for Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier
- $1314 & up -- Panama Canal & Rainforest Getaway w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1378* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $199-$229 -- South Florida: Delray Beach Hotel, Save 20%Delray Beach Marriott