Abu Dhabi Tourism Opens Interactive Pop-Up Shop in NYC
Since its fictitious appearance in Sex & the City 2 (the scenes were filmed in Morocco) two years ago, Abu Dhabi—the capital of the United Arab Emirates—has emerged as a top destination for style-conscious travelers.
This weekend a full-on pop-up shop in New York City's Times Square expresses just how cool this destination is. Sponsored by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority's brand-new promotion office that's based in New York City, the interactive pop-up shop debuted today. Visitors to "Travelers Welcome: A Taste of Abu Dhabi's Hospitality"—the name of the shop–can nibble on dates, sip coffee, chat with perfume mixologists, and receive henna body art. There are also giveaways and prizes.
Etihad Airways, an airline serving the destination, is on hand to help travelers with potential itineraries. Non-stop daily flights to Abu Dhabi International Airport from Washington D.C. debut in March 2013. Already, non-stop daily flights are offered from JFK and Chicago O'Hare.
The pop-up shop is open from 10 am to 9 pm May 17–19 in Duffy Square (the Northern half of Times Square, between 45 and 47th Streets and Broadway and 7th Avenues). Partners in the effort include Abercrombie & Kent, Cox & Kings, Linara Travel, Ritz Tours, and Goway Travel—all tour companies poised to present information about their packages.
Photo credits: AP Photo/Jason DeCrow, Insider Images for Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $77 & up -- Summer on Florida's Gulf Coast, up to 60% OffThe Beaches of Fort Myers-Sanibel
- $972* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $1599* & up -- Business Class Flights to Brazil (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $79 & up -- New Hampshire Hotel Deals, up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $209 & up -- Ends 5/30: Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1699 -- Luxe Turkey 11-Night, 7-City Escorted Trip w/AirGate 1 Travel