Abu Dhabi Tourism Opens Interactive Pop-Up Shop in NYC
Since its fictitious appearance in Sex & the City 2 (the scenes were filmed in Morocco) two years ago, Abu Dhabi—the capital of the United Arab Emirates—has emerged as a top destination for style-conscious travelers.
This weekend a full-on pop-up shop in New York City's Times Square expresses just how cool this destination is. Sponsored by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority's brand-new promotion office that's based in New York City, the interactive pop-up shop debuted today. Visitors to "Travelers Welcome: A Taste of Abu Dhabi's Hospitality"—the name of the shop–can nibble on dates, sip coffee, chat with perfume mixologists, and receive henna body art. There are also giveaways and prizes.
Etihad Airways, an airline serving the destination, is on hand to help travelers with potential itineraries. Non-stop daily flights to Abu Dhabi International Airport from Washington D.C. debut in March 2013. Already, non-stop daily flights are offered from JFK and Chicago O'Hare.
The pop-up shop is open from 10 am to 9 pm May 17–19 in Duffy Square (the Northern half of Times Square, between 45 and 47th Streets and Broadway and 7th Avenues). Partners in the effort include Abercrombie & Kent, Cox & Kings, Linara Travel, Ritz Tours, and Goway Travel—all tour companies poised to present information about their packages.
Photo credits: AP Photo/Jason DeCrow, Insider Images for Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $2199 -- Luxe Tahiti 7-Night Cruise w/$300 Credit, $1200 OffWindstar Cruises
- $63 & up -- NorCal: Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $1299 -- Italy: 7-Nt. Tuscany Castle Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com