What to Wear: Hot Weekend in Vegas
Chances are if you're headed to Vegas, it's not for rest and relaxation. And while it's not a prerequisite to have seen The Hangover, it's a good primer on all that Sin City really does have to offer. So pull out your best party gear–it is literally the city that never sleeps–or better yet, add a couple new sparkly and sexy pieces to your suitcase. We've got some style picks to take you from day to night. —By Bee-Shyuan Chang
With the desert heat, a blanc foundation is the way go. Start with white skinny jeans by J Brand ($224). On top, keep things fitted and sleek with a bodysuit – yes, the '80s staple is back! Asos.com has several options ranging from simple, black designs to this printed bustier style ($38.27) in an edgy pink and black pattern. (Besides, where else are you going to have a chance to flash that much cleavage?) A Vegas trip is also an opportunity to experiment with color. This bright orange pouch by Comme des Garcons ($140) is a no-brainer.
Work on your tan and hit the hotel pool in a tiny bikini. H&M offers tons of affordable styles including this itsy bitsy number ($14.95 and $12.95 for top and bottom, respectively). Those that want more coverage can check out the retailer's monokinis and one-pieces.
Men, too, can tweak the tried and true in Vegas. Here, a classic penny loafer is updated in waterproof rubber ($150). Then, dabble in the back-in-action color-blocking trend with this fun pair of J. Crew board shorts ($75)
In the sea of mini-dresses, stand out in a deeply saturated hue. This cobalt body-con dress by Guess ($118) nails the cut-out trend with details on both front and back. While most women will be flaunting statement earrings or necklaces, add your sparkle in unexpected ways, like with this linked ring and bracelet hand jewelry from Bebe ($26). Everyone will be watching as your throw down your perfect hand at the blackjack table. On your soles, try a touch of neon. These printed python heels with bright neon trim by River Island ($104.37) are sexy without going overboard.
When it comes to the guys, pastel hues can be hot. But skip the typical pastel polo, and try this peachy slim blazer ($140).
Don't be shy. Show off a pair of reflective heels, like this metallic platform silver pair from Nine West version ($79). Take that bodysuit from Asos and pair it with an equally bold necklace from Zara ($29.90). Pull it all together with a hard-case clutch, like this glamorous gold and silver style at Reiss ($210) that will go with just about anything.
Lastly, don't forget to protect those peepers from UV rays with white sunglasses, like this glamorous, starlet-worthy pair by Balenciaga ($345).
What to Do
For those hitting Vegas without the kids, head to the Encore's 21 and over "European Pool." It sounds racier than it is, although don't be shocked if you see a topless sunbather or two. Late in the afternoon, the music can get loud, so depending on your agenda, it might be time to pool-hop to nearby Mandalay Bay. Back at the European pool, on Sunday nights there's a swim meets nightclub party by XS with headliners like DJ Tiesto (May 20). Locals get in free, but men pay $50 while women just pay $20.
The Strip has turned, over the years, into a gastronomic haven. L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon at the MGM is a fantastic option for Francophiles (and a Fodor's Choice restaurant). While anyone on the hunt for Italian food should look no further than Bartolotta in the Wynn. For Food Network fans, there's plenty of star chef power scattered about, including Mario Batali's B&B Ristorante in the Venetian. Must-try: the Mint Love Letters with spicy lamb sausage.
For night owls, a trip to the Cosmopolitan is a must. The two-year-old hotel is geared to the stylish and hip but without too much attitude—check out the sparkly Chandelier bar while you're there. But insiders would dance into the wee hours at Marquee and then detox at the hotel's hammam spa.
Thinking of a trip to Vegas?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as the best planning advice, check out our Las Vegas Travel Guide.
Photo credits: Accessories: 1. © REISS 2012; 2. © 2012 Nine West. All rights reserved.; 3. © 2010 ZARA, all rights reserved; 4. © 2011-2012 MRPORTER; 5. (c) 2012 Neiman Marcus; 6. (c) David Yurman. Daywear: 1. ©2012 asos.com Ltd; 2. © 2012 J.Crew; 3. Courtesy of H&M; 4. Courtesy of H&M; 5. Eminent, Inc. 2011; 6. ©2012 Nordstrom, Inc.. Nightwear: 1. TOPMAN.COM USA/Arcadia Group Brands Limited; 2. GUESS, Inc. 2010; 3. ©2012 asos.com Ltd; 4. BEBE STORES, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1045 & up -- Oahu & Kauai 6-Night Vacation w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $129 & up -- Ends 4/25: Bahamas 4-Nt Cruises w/CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $2699 -- Australia 12-Night, 3-City Vacation w/Air & ToursGoway Travel
- $499 & up -- Canary Islands & Morocco 9-Nt. Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1607 -- Italy in Fall: 8-Night Rome & Tuscany Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations