Tech-Savvy Perks at TRYP New York City
The new TRYP hotel in New York's Times Square (rates from $199/night) opened in February with 173 stylish guest rooms, including specialty suites that cater to fitness freaks (with in-room fitness equipment) and families (with loft-like units with extra beds—pull-out and bunk), and a hotspot lobby that fosters socializing. But, the newbie is garnering most attention for its super-smart techie features.
LobbyFriend: All guests checking into the TRYP New York City are given a temporary PIN number which grants them access to LobbyFriend, the first-ever short-term social network in the country. Guests need only download the free iTunes app (available on iPhones, Andriods, and, come June, on Blackberries) and activate their membership with their PIN. Then, presto, they're in the cyber loop with other hotel guests and staff. The app is especially handy at corporate events and conferences, for wedding parties, and to use as a wired concierge. A collection of lobby TV screens display the Facebook-y interface, keeping the network anchored at the hotel (though you can access it throughout the city for as long as you're checked-in).
Samsung Experience Rooms: In addition to the brand's signature fitness rooms and family rooms, TRYP has debuted two (with potentially more to come) high-tech multi-media rooms that feature two Samsung flat-screen TVs, surround sound, Nintendo Wii, a multi-media connectivity panel, 3D glasses, a popcorn machine, iPod docking station, and Blu Ray player. Samsung Experience rates start from $409/night.
Photo credit: TRYP New York City Times Square South
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2399 & up -- Australia: Melbourne Escape w/Tours, Save $875Tourism Victoria
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $110 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 55% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria