Tech-Savvy Perks at TRYP New York City
The new TRYP hotel in New York's Times Square (rates from $199/night) opened in February with 173 stylish guest rooms, including specialty suites that cater to fitness freaks (with in-room fitness equipment) and families (with loft-like units with extra beds—pull-out and bunk), and a hotspot lobby that fosters socializing. But, the newbie is garnering most attention for its super-smart techie features.
LobbyFriend: All guests checking into the TRYP New York City are given a temporary PIN number which grants them access to LobbyFriend, the first-ever short-term social network in the country. Guests need only download the free iTunes app (available on iPhones, Andriods, and, come June, on Blackberries) and activate their membership with their PIN. Then, presto, they're in the cyber loop with other hotel guests and staff. The app is especially handy at corporate events and conferences, for wedding parties, and to use as a wired concierge. A collection of lobby TV screens display the Facebook-y interface, keeping the network anchored at the hotel (though you can access it throughout the city for as long as you're checked-in).
Samsung Experience Rooms: In addition to the brand's signature fitness rooms and family rooms, TRYP has debuted two (with potentially more to come) high-tech multi-media rooms that feature two Samsung flat-screen TVs, surround sound, Nintendo Wii, a multi-media connectivity panel, 3D glasses, a popcorn machine, iPod docking station, and Blu Ray player. Samsung Experience rates start from $409/night.
Photo credit: TRYP New York City Times Square South
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $8.12 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $247 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $1498* & up -- Fly to Australia: 6 Cities on Sale, R/TAir New Zealand
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America