Tech-Savvy Perks at TRYP New York City
The new TRYP hotel in New York's Times Square (rates from $199/night) opened in February with 173 stylish guest rooms, including specialty suites that cater to fitness freaks (with in-room fitness equipment) and families (with loft-like units with extra beds—pull-out and bunk), and a hotspot lobby that fosters socializing. But, the newbie is garnering most attention for its super-smart techie features.
LobbyFriend: All guests checking into the TRYP New York City are given a temporary PIN number which grants them access to LobbyFriend, the first-ever short-term social network in the country. Guests need only download the free iTunes app (available on iPhones, Andriods, and, come June, on Blackberries) and activate their membership with their PIN. Then, presto, they're in the cyber loop with other hotel guests and staff. The app is especially handy at corporate events and conferences, for wedding parties, and to use as a wired concierge. A collection of lobby TV screens display the Facebook-y interface, keeping the network anchored at the hotel (though you can access it throughout the city for as long as you're checked-in).
Samsung Experience Rooms: In addition to the brand's signature fitness rooms and family rooms, TRYP has debuted two (with potentially more to come) high-tech multi-media rooms that feature two Samsung flat-screen TVs, surround sound, Nintendo Wii, a multi-media connectivity panel, 3D glasses, a popcorn machine, iPod docking station, and Blu Ray player. Samsung Experience rates start from $409/night.
Photo credit: TRYP New York City Times Square South
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $239 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $1999 -- Escorted China & Hong Kong 11-Nt. Escape w/AirHong Kong Tourism Board
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $338* & up -- Fare Sale to Europe (One-Way, R/T Required)LOT Polish Airlines