Tech-Savvy Perks at TRYP New York City
The new TRYP hotel in New York's Times Square (rates from $199/night) opened in February with 173 stylish guest rooms, including specialty suites that cater to fitness freaks (with in-room fitness equipment) and families (with loft-like units with extra beds—pull-out and bunk), and a hotspot lobby that fosters socializing. But, the newbie is garnering most attention for its super-smart techie features.
LobbyFriend: All guests checking into the TRYP New York City are given a temporary PIN number which grants them access to LobbyFriend, the first-ever short-term social network in the country. Guests need only download the free iTunes app (available on iPhones, Andriods, and, come June, on Blackberries) and activate their membership with their PIN. Then, presto, they're in the cyber loop with other hotel guests and staff. The app is especially handy at corporate events and conferences, for wedding parties, and to use as a wired concierge. A collection of lobby TV screens display the Facebook-y interface, keeping the network anchored at the hotel (though you can access it throughout the city for as long as you're checked-in).
Samsung Experience Rooms: In addition to the brand's signature fitness rooms and family rooms, TRYP has debuted two (with potentially more to come) high-tech multi-media rooms that feature two Samsung flat-screen TVs, surround sound, Nintendo Wii, a multi-media connectivity panel, 3D glasses, a popcorn machine, iPod docking station, and Blu Ray player. Samsung Experience rates start from $409/night.
Photo credit: TRYP New York City Times Square South
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1205 & up -- Athens & Istanbul 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $980 & up -- Beijing & Shanghai 6-Nt. Vacation w/AirTripMasters.com
- $4999 -- 16-Day Luxe Transatlantic Cruise to London w/AirOceania Cruises
- $909 & up -- Greece: Escorted Athens Land-Only Trip w/CruiseApple Vacations
- $999 -- Ireland: 4-Night Dublin Escape in Fall w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $1487 & up -- Rio & Buenos Aires 6-Nts. w/Air & TransfersTripMasters.com