The Obama Cocktail Comes to Boston
On the heels of President Barack Obama's statement last week in support of marriage equality, a Boston hotel rolled out a cocktail a few days later that's in honor of this celebratory moment for the gay community.
"The Obama," the Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro signature libation, contains Lillet Blanc, gin, fresh blueberries, and tonic water (L for Lillet, G for gin, B for blueberries, T for tonic.). It will be served on the rocks, garnished with two blueberries, in the hotel's bar daily through June 10, which is when Boston's annual Gay Pride Week ends. Each drink costs $11.
The drink is appropriately timed with an influx of gay-friendly travelers arriving to Boston for Pride Week (including the 2012 parade, which is a march to promote equal rights for gay, lesbian, and transgender people nationwide). Yet it also pays tribute to 30 years of the Pride movement worldwide, and the International Association of Pride Organizers (founded in Boston in 1982).
With just 13 rooms, Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro–in Boston's historic and chic Beacon Hill neighborhood near the Public Garden—fuses modern amenities (the cocktail's innovative mixology, just one example) with a quaint charm. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as weekend brunch, is served daily.
Thinking of a trip to Boston?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Boston Travel Guide.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $159 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $189-$219 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Nashville Downtown
- $76 & up -- Palm Springs Resorts up to 55% OffGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $99 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through SpringVisit Arizona
- $99-$109 -- St. Louis Hotel into Baseball Season, Save 40%St. Louis City Center Hotel
- $109 -- Florida: Nature Coast Resort Near Tampa w/BreakfastPlantation on Crystal River