The Obama Cocktail Comes to Boston
On the heels of President Barack Obama's statement last week in support of marriage equality, a Boston hotel rolled out a cocktail a few days later that's in honor of this celebratory moment for the gay community.
"The Obama," the Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro signature libation, contains Lillet Blanc, gin, fresh blueberries, and tonic water (L for Lillet, G for gin, B for blueberries, T for tonic.). It will be served on the rocks, garnished with two blueberries, in the hotel's bar daily through June 10, which is when Boston's annual Gay Pride Week ends. Each drink costs $11.
The drink is appropriately timed with an influx of gay-friendly travelers arriving to Boston for Pride Week (including the 2012 parade, which is a march to promote equal rights for gay, lesbian, and transgender people nationwide). Yet it also pays tribute to 30 years of the Pride movement worldwide, and the International Association of Pride Organizers (founded in Boston in 1982).
With just 13 rooms, Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro–in Boston's historic and chic Beacon Hill neighborhood near the Public Garden—fuses modern amenities (the cocktail's innovative mixology, just one example) with a quaint charm. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as weekend brunch, is served daily.
Thinking of a trip to Boston?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Boston Travel Guide.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort
- $179-$197 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $659 & up -- Cozumel: Beach Escape incl. Meals, Drinks & AirApple Vacations
- $549 -- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$100 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1299 -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Fly & Drive Package w/Castle StayAer Lingus Vacation Store