Five Pitch-Perfect Hotel Packages for Baseball Lovers
Some hotels are are in enviable proximity to baseball stadiums and, as such, sport serious pride in the hometown major-league teams. So to get guests in the spirit of things, many have rolled out special sporting packages—all-inclusive offers that not only help transport you to your seat with ease, but get you there with potato-chip chocolate bars in hand, team jerseys and, yes, even spa treatments.
Omni San Diego Hotel, San Diego: "Shortstop" package
Details: Because Omni San Diego Hotel is literally connected to PETCO Park, via a skybridge, transportation to and from the park is easy: it’s literally a short walk from your room. This package includes overnight accommodations for two, two field-box seats tickets to a San Diego Padres game, a potato-chip chocolate bar from local chocolatier, and breakfast for two the next morning; from $269 per night
Insider Tip: Pay attention during the game: if a Padres player hits a grand slam while the guest is in attendance, the hotel offers a $99/night rate for a return visit to the hotel.
The Powell Hotel, San Francisco: "B&B, Bed and Ball Game" package
Details: Last year was a huge deal for San Francisco Giants fans and on the heels of the 2012 World Series win, The Powell Hotel is offering this package which includes accommodations for up to four guests in the Junior Suite, valet parking for one car, four Muni passes for getting to the park (a short ride away), four View Level Section tickets, and transportation to and from AT&T Park, followed by continental breakfast the morning after (fingers crossed) a win; from $459 per night
Insider Tip: More of a wine fan than a lbeer lover? No worries—the park’s California Wine Bar specializes in wines from the Golden State and the diversity may surprise you.
Mandarin Oriental, Miami: "I Love Marlins" package
Details: On top of accommodations (two nights in a luxury suite) at the Mandarin Oriental and a star-studded ride to Marlins Park (in a chauffeured vehicle), which is two miles from the hotel, you get two Marlins baseball jerseys and two caps. In case sunburn hits, no worries—cash in your two spa treatments in the spa the next day; from $2,450 based on double occupancy.
Insider Tip: The brand-new Marlins Park features a retractable roof, just in case a tropical rainstorm hits on the day of your visit, or you forget your rain poncho back at the hotel.
Hotel Commonwealth, Boston: "Luxury 100th Anniversary" package
Details: In celebration of the 100th anniversary of neighboring Fenway Park (home to the Boston Red Sox and the country’s oldest ball park), this package at Hotel Commonwealth includes a room overlooking Fenway Park, two tickets to the historic Fenway Park walking tour (lasts 50 minutes), and a welcome basket of goodies (Baby Ruth candy bars and boxes of Cracker Jacks, for late-night noshing, old-fashioned Coca Cola bottles, and a pack of baseball cards); from $339 per night.
Insider Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the hotel’s two-room Baseball Suite, which is decked out in baseball décor dating back to the 1930s and 1940s, as well as 40 baseball-themed DVDs. (Additional cost applies.) Go home with a copy of the Fenway Park 100th Anniversary Official Definitive Coffee Table Book too.
The Cheshire, St. Louis: "For the Love of the Game" package
Details: To properly celebrate a win by the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium, The Cheshire will provide you with two complimentary drinks in one of its three bars, including Fox & Hounds Tavern, just to start you off. Also included in the "For the Love of the Game" package are a complimentary upgrade to a king superior room, two outfield-box tickets to the game, and VIP access to Three Sixty Rooftop Bar conveniently across the street.
Insider Tip: The food menu at Fox & Hounds goes above and beyond typical hotel-bar fare with upscale dishes to share like Nottingham Cheese and Pate (with local artisan cheeses) and Liverpool Wings (tossed with New Castle Pale Ale hot sauce).
Photo Credits: 1. Courtesy Omni San Diego Hotel; 2. Courtesy Mandarin Oriental; 3. Courtesy Hotel Commonwealth
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% OffExpedia
- $729* & up -- Europe Fall & Winter Sale Fares, R/Tairberlin
- $170 -- Negril 'World's Best' All-Inclusive Resorts, 55% OffCouples Resorts
- $118 -- SF: 4-Star Hotel in Fisherman's WharfHotwire.com
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferrygo-today
- $69 & up -- Myrtle Beach Summer Sale, through AugustMyrtle Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau