Top Chef Comes to New York, Win a Ticket to Judge for Yourself
Have you ever had the feeling that Tom or Padma got it wrong? Ever feel like you'd make a better Top Chef judge? Well here's your chance to say it to their faces. On May 20, Top Chef: The Tour is making its way to New York City to the Gansevoort Plaza (at the intersection of Gansevoort St. and 9th Avenue) in the Meatpacking District, giving us the chance to get up close and personal with the show we all hold so dear. The best part is, Fodor's is going to be there loud and proud with a booth where we'll be giving away an Escape with Fodor's' prize pack, valued at over $300!
Come 3 pm, it will be time to gather round the Top Chef tent and cooking demo area for, what else, a Quickfire-style cook-off. And while not everyone gets to judge the food served by dueling alums Antonia Lofaso and Hung Huynh, I do. That's right, yours truly will be on hand to tell Antonia if her dish fell flat or if Hung overdid it with the salt. (Note: there are three other cook-offs throughout the day with other chefs and judges.)
So come by and say hello! It's free to walk around and check out the booths (there's a putting green, interactive booth, and, of course, the Fodor's tent) and meet the chefs, but you'll need tickets to see the cook-offs and demos. Don't worry if you haven't gotten yours yet, though, because we're giving some away!
Enter to win 2 tickets to the Top Chef VIP reserved cooking demo courtesy of Fodor's. Note: You must be in NYC on May 20th to be eligible. By entering the sweepstakes, you will be subscribed to the Fodor's newsletter. You may unsubscribe at anytime.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Bravo TV; Chef chopping via Shutterstock
You May Also Like
Member Comments (5) Post a Comment
Fabio, of course!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1222 & up -- Ecuador: 5-Nt. Amazon Rain Forest Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $775 & up -- Hawaii 3-Nts. w/Air & Car; All Islands on SalePleasant Holidays
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% OffThe Westin Copley Place
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 ToursLatinEscapes
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com
- $899* & up -- Germany Summer & Fall Sale Fares, R/TLufthansa