Exclusive: Fifty Shades of Grey Author E L James's Favorite Getaway (Plus a Sweepstakes!)
When Fifty Shades of Gray author E L James needs to get away, she doesn't fool around. With book tours and signings and interviews keeping her daily schedule at a full tilt, she escapes to a destination that replaces cell service with a sparkling blue coastline and mouthwatering Caribbean cuisine—St. Lucia. Her favorite part about hitting the lush (and plush) Caribbean island? "No one can reach me!"
St. Lucia does many things well, and letting travelers escape from their daily grind is chief among them. Whether it's climbing the Pitons on the hunt for spectacular vistas or swimming and snorkeling at Reduit Beach (both Fodor's Choice sights on the island), there is nothing stressful or hurried about a holiday here. And with lavish accommodations and sun-drenched entertainment, like the annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, you can see how easy it is for even the busiest among us to fall in love with the place.
Okay, so you're sold on St. Lucia, too. (Not hard to be.) Book into the luxe, cliff-side Jade Mountain resort for can't-believe-your-eyes views of the Pitons and the crystal blue ocean, in-room pools, and a gorgeous rooftop terrace. Or rest your head at the elegant and intimate Cap Maison with its Spanish Caribbean architecture, perfectly placed infinity pool, and a full service spa with Zen garden.
And enter to win a signed copy of Fifty Shades of Grey (the perfect beach read)!
E L James is a former TV executive, wife and mother of two based in West London. Since early childhood she dreamed of writing stories that readers would fall in love with, but put those dreams on hold to focus on her family and her career. She finally plucked up the courage to put pen to paper with her first novel, Fifty Shades of Grey, which has since become the Fifty Shades Trilogy Audiobook.
Thinking of a trip to St. Lucia?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as the best planning advice (though we can't guarantee E L James sightings), check out our St. Lucia Travel Guide.
Photo credits: St. Lucia via Shutterstock; book cover courtesy of Random House.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $799 -- Balcony on 2015 Caribbean Cruises w/Tips, Save $550CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $119 & up -- Baja Mexico: Weekend Cruises to EnsenadaCarnival Cruise Lines
- $109 & up -- Ends 10/14: Cruise Sale w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $104 & up -- Phoenix 4-Diamond Resort in Fall, 45% OffArizona Grand Resort
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line