Glenmere Mansion Calling All Spa (and Wine) Lovers
Glenmere Mansion is an intimate, Tuscan-inspired Relais & Chateaux villa with just 18 rooms in the Lower Hudson Valley. And they recently held a grand opening for their new, opulent 8,000 square foot spa, the centerpiece of which is a Carrera marble bath house and hammam.
This new bath house offers the chance to relax in an herbal steam room, dry heat sauna, Swiss shower, cool mist room, or aqua massage vitality pool. Hammam rituals—including a Turkish soap massage and Moroccan purification ritual—are versions of traditional treatments from around the globe. There are five treatment suites, with individual steam shower and soaking tub, while the spa suite built for two has a fireplace and side by side soaking tubs.
Every appointment includes light tapas before or after the treatment, along with organic teas and refreshments in the Relaxation Library. There is also a Moroccan-inspired salon for hair and nail services. Men can clean up nicely with "The Glenmere Man" treatment menu including classic massages, deluxe hand grooming (easier than calling it a "manicure"), or power pedicure.
Insider Tip: Glenmere Mansion also recently launched a Thursday evening wine series where the in-house sommelier and chef come together to create a meal around a certain theme, like "Wines of Italy". It includes three glasses of wine (not otherwise available by the glass) paired with three courses inspired by the wines of the evening.
Hotel rates from $650/night.
Thinking of a trip to the Hudson Valley?
For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Hudson Valley Travel Guide.
Photo credits: courtesy of Glenmere Mansion
Freelance writer Jessica Colley covers cuisine, culture, the arts, and experiential travel. She is currently based in New York City and called Dublin, Ireland home for several years. You can follow her on Twitter @jessicacolley or check out her "Writer in the Kitchen" series on her blog The Great American Travel Dream.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $459 & up -- 4-Star Bahamas Beach Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $162 & up -- Ireland 5-Star Hotel & Spa into the SpringTourism Ireland
- $1199 -- Bermuda Cruise w/All Drinks, Tips & $500 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona