Fodor's City Guide Apps Now Available for Free on iPhone and iPad
Some say that you get what you pay for. But when it comes to travel intelligence, you can now get Fodor's expert advice and recommendations for free—as of this weekend, anyway. Yes, Fodor's Travel apps for iPhone and iPad went from $6.99 to $0 over the weekend, making Fodor's the first guidebook company to offer travelers free mobile guides to some of our favorite cities—with more to come soon.
Our trusty app bears more than our name—it also boasts our top recommendations across the board, from sights and shops to restaurants and hotels, plus handy interactive offline maps to boot. With the recent release of free apps for New York City, Paris, London, Rome, Barcelona, and San Francisco, you can now book your favorite hotels, restaurants, and entertainment with the help of Expedia, OpenTable, and TicketsNow respectively. So you can use it on the road or in the city you call home for easy, streamlined reservations and more.
For an even more personalized approach, bookmark and jot comments about your favorite properties and attractions. Or, for the best of the best, click on Fodor's Choice for our shortlist of must-have experiences around town. Then, when you're stuck in the subway or other WiFi-challenged areas, you can browse the interactive map, read reviews, and make all the notes you need to plan your next adventure.
Download all six Fodor's Travel city apps for free now on iTunes!
You May Also Like
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Can someone at Fodors please explain why these apps are not available to me in New Zealand? I am about to go to SFO but am unable to download the app. Have been a loyal buyer of Fodor's guides but that will probably change in future.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers