Fodor's City Guide Apps Now Available for Free on iPhone and iPad
Some say that you get what you pay for. But when it comes to travel intelligence, you can now get Fodor's expert advice and recommendations for free—as of this weekend, anyway. Yes, Fodor's Travel apps for iPhone and iPad went from $6.99 to $0 over the weekend, making Fodor's the first guidebook company to offer travelers free mobile guides to some of our favorite cities—with more to come soon.
Our trusty app bears more than our name—it also boasts our top recommendations across the board, from sights and shops to restaurants and hotels, plus handy interactive offline maps to boot. With the recent release of free apps for New York City, Paris, London, Rome, Barcelona, and San Francisco, you can now book your favorite hotels, restaurants, and entertainment with the help of Expedia, OpenTable, and TicketsNow respectively. So you can use it on the road or in the city you call home for easy, streamlined reservations and more.
For an even more personalized approach, bookmark and jot comments about your favorite properties and attractions. Or, for the best of the best, click on Fodor's Choice for our shortlist of must-have experiences around town. Then, when you're stuck in the subway or other WiFi-challenged areas, you can browse the interactive map, read reviews, and make all the notes you need to plan your next adventure.
Download all six Fodor's Travel city apps for free now on iTunes!
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Can someone at Fodors please explain why these apps are not available to me in New Zealand? I am about to go to SFO but am unable to download the app. Have been a loyal buyer of Fodor's guides but that will probably change in future.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $3999 -- South Africa: Luxury Trip w/Helicopter & Wine ToursLion World Travel
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand