Fodor's City Guide Apps Now Available for Free on iPhone and iPad
Some say that you get what you pay for. But when it comes to travel intelligence, you can now get Fodor's expert advice and recommendations for free—as of this weekend, anyway. Yes, Fodor's Travel apps for iPhone and iPad went from $6.99 to $0 over the weekend, making Fodor's the first guidebook company to offer travelers free mobile guides to some of our favorite cities—with more to come soon.
Our trusty app bears more than our name—it also boasts our top recommendations across the board, from sights and shops to restaurants and hotels, plus handy interactive offline maps to boot. With the recent release of free apps for New York City, Paris, London, Rome, Barcelona, and San Francisco, you can now book your favorite hotels, restaurants, and entertainment with the help of Expedia, OpenTable, and TicketsNow respectively. So you can use it on the road or in the city you call home for easy, streamlined reservations and more.
For an even more personalized approach, bookmark and jot comments about your favorite properties and attractions. Or, for the best of the best, click on Fodor's Choice for our shortlist of must-have experiences around town. Then, when you're stuck in the subway or other WiFi-challenged areas, you can browse the interactive map, read reviews, and make all the notes you need to plan your next adventure.
Download all six Fodor's Travel city apps for free now on iTunes!
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Can someone at Fodors please explain why these apps are not available to me in New Zealand? I am about to go to SFO but am unable to download the app. Have been a loyal buyer of Fodor's guides but that will probably change in future.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $189 & up -- Tucson 4-Diamond Resort in Spring, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $2399 -- China 4-Star, 12-Night Tour w/Yangtze Cruise & AirGate 1 Travel
- $155* & up -- Flights to Palm Springs into July (Roundtrip)Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $76 -- Montreal Hotel incl. Wi-Fi & Parking, 30% OffHotel Universel Montreal
- $174 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 45%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $739 & up -- Cabo 'Secrets' All-Incl. Escape w/Air, $430 OffCheapCaribbean.com