Fodor's City Guide Apps Now Available for Free on iPhone and iPad
Some say that you get what you pay for. But when it comes to travel intelligence, you can now get Fodor's expert advice and recommendations for free—as of this weekend, anyway. Yes, Fodor's Travel apps for iPhone and iPad went from $6.99 to $0 over the weekend, making Fodor's the first guidebook company to offer travelers free mobile guides to some of our favorite cities—with more to come soon.
Our trusty app bears more than our name—it also boasts our top recommendations across the board, from sights and shops to restaurants and hotels, plus handy interactive offline maps to boot. With the recent release of free apps for New York City, Paris, London, Rome, Barcelona, and San Francisco, you can now book your favorite hotels, restaurants, and entertainment with the help of Expedia, OpenTable, and TicketsNow respectively. So you can use it on the road or in the city you call home for easy, streamlined reservations and more.
For an even more personalized approach, bookmark and jot comments about your favorite properties and attractions. Or, for the best of the best, click on Fodor's Choice for our shortlist of must-have experiences around town. Then, when you're stuck in the subway or other WiFi-challenged areas, you can browse the interactive map, read reviews, and make all the notes you need to plan your next adventure.
Download all six Fodor's Travel city apps for free now on iTunes!
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Can someone at Fodors please explain why these apps are not available to me in New Zealand? I am about to go to SFO but am unable to download the app. Have been a loyal buyer of Fodor's guides but that will probably change in future.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $123-$181 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue
- $972* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (Roundtrip)LAN
- $259 & up -- Atlantis Summer Sale w/$200 in Credit, 50% OffAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $4839 & up -- Danube to Black Sea River Cruise, $1000 OffAvalon Waterways
- $749 -- Balcony: 10-Nt. Med. Cruise w/Drinks, $400 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $169-$199 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort in Spring, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort