Virgin Atlantic Debuts Richard Branson-Shaped Ice Cubes
The ultimate goal when flying on Virgin Atlantic has got to be spotting the man himself—Sir Richard Branson. And now that's about to become a lot easier. Not because Sir Branson will be boarding more commercial flights, but because Virgin has crafted a mold of his face and are using it to make ice cubes.
You read that correctly. His face is being used as a mold for to-scale and freakishly accurate ice cubes to be served in drinks onboard to celebrate their new onboard bars. And they are called "Little Richard" ice cubes. Is there no end to Virgin's genius?
The ice cubes will be served in frosty beverages to passengers in Upper Class seats and to those who have sidled up to the onboard bar starting later this month. Virgin told The Daily Mail, "While Richard would love to be able to sit and enjoy a drink with all of our passengers, his schedule means that it simply isn't possible. Now he is able to join our guests 'in spirit.'"
And if you want to be able to live the gimmicky Virgin Atlantic life on the ground, pick up their newly launched shade of Upper Class Red lipstick.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $899 & up -- Maui 5-Night Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- 15% Off -- Save Now on Weekend Car RentalsCarRentals.com
- $549 -- Balcony: 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. DrinksCruises.com
- $1965 & up -- Australia Vacations incl. Virgin Australia AirTourism Australia
- $2999 -- Luxe 8-Night Italy, Croatia & Greece Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises
- $161 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront