Virgin Atlantic Debuts Richard Branson-Shaped Ice Cubes
The ultimate goal when flying on Virgin Atlantic has got to be spotting the man himself—Sir Richard Branson. And now that's about to become a lot easier. Not because Sir Branson will be boarding more commercial flights, but because Virgin has crafted a mold of his face and are using it to make ice cubes.
You read that correctly. His face is being used as a mold for to-scale and freakishly accurate ice cubes to be served in drinks onboard to celebrate their new onboard bars. And they are called "Little Richard" ice cubes. Is there no end to Virgin's genius?
The ice cubes will be served in frosty beverages to passengers in Upper Class seats and to those who have sidled up to the onboard bar starting later this month. Virgin told The Daily Mail, "While Richard would love to be able to sit and enjoy a drink with all of our passengers, his schedule means that it simply isn't possible. Now he is able to join our guests 'in spirit.'"
And if you want to be able to live the gimmicky Virgin Atlantic life on the ground, pick up their newly launched shade of Upper Class Red lipstick.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $199-$205 -- Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- $999 & up -- Ends 10/14: Hawaii Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $799 -- Balcony on 2015 Caribbean Cruises w/Tips, Save $550CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $175-$184 -- Boston: 4-Star Hotel w/Parking, 45% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront