Virgin Atlantic Debuts Richard Branson-Shaped Ice Cubes
The ultimate goal when flying on Virgin Atlantic has got to be spotting the man himself—Sir Richard Branson. And now that's about to become a lot easier. Not because Sir Branson will be boarding more commercial flights, but because Virgin has crafted a mold of his face and are using it to make ice cubes.
You read that correctly. His face is being used as a mold for to-scale and freakishly accurate ice cubes to be served in drinks onboard to celebrate their new onboard bars. And they are called "Little Richard" ice cubes. Is there no end to Virgin's genius?
The ice cubes will be served in frosty beverages to passengers in Upper Class seats and to those who have sidled up to the onboard bar starting later this month. Virgin told The Daily Mail, "While Richard would love to be able to sit and enjoy a drink with all of our passengers, his schedule means that it simply isn't possible. Now he is able to join our guests 'in spirit.'"
And if you want to be able to live the gimmicky Virgin Atlantic life on the ground, pick up their newly launched shade of Upper Class Red lipstick.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 25 Splurge-Worthy Hotels for Luxury Seekers
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- Checking In: Delano Las Vegas
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Apple Pay When You Travel
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations