Virgin Atlantic Debuts Richard Branson-Shaped Ice Cubes
The ultimate goal when flying on Virgin Atlantic has got to be spotting the man himself—Sir Richard Branson. And now that's about to become a lot easier. Not because Sir Branson will be boarding more commercial flights, but because Virgin has crafted a mold of his face and are using it to make ice cubes.
You read that correctly. His face is being used as a mold for to-scale and freakishly accurate ice cubes to be served in drinks onboard to celebrate their new onboard bars. And they are called "Little Richard" ice cubes. Is there no end to Virgin's genius?
The ice cubes will be served in frosty beverages to passengers in Upper Class seats and to those who have sidled up to the onboard bar starting later this month. Virgin told The Daily Mail, "While Richard would love to be able to sit and enjoy a drink with all of our passengers, his schedule means that it simply isn't possible. Now he is able to join our guests 'in spirit.'"
And if you want to be able to live the gimmicky Virgin Atlantic life on the ground, pick up their newly launched shade of Upper Class Red lipstick.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $250-$285 -- Waikiki 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 30%Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- $178 & up -- New Dominican Republic Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Santo Domingo
- $89-$119 -- 4-Diamond Orlando Resort near Universal, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $170 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
- $1052 -- Budapest to Vienna: 3-Nt. Danube River CruiseAvalon Waterways