Hotel Trend: Luxury-Car Perks for Guests
No matter what type of traveler you are, or what you're traveling for, hotels strive to have just the right perks for you. And one perk that's piquing our interest involves luxury cars and custom itineraries. Not only do they hand you the keys to a luxury car (Mercedes convertible, anyone?), but they'll equip you with a personalized itinerary and directions. Some of the targeted packages we've noticed, and hungered for, are ones that combine luxury cars with gourmet food.
The best part is that the journey is at your own pace, not that of a larger group, and also, the car is waiting for you at the hotel upon your arrival. From California wine country to the Arizona desert, your palate will thank you. Here are three choice packages to get you started.
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Slip behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz E350 Cabriolet convertible, put the roof down, and go. The "Open Road Mercedes-Benz" package at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North offers three choices for self-guided tours, including a tasting of olive oils at an olive-oil mill. Called "Ooh la Olive," the driving route leads to the town of Queen Creek and to Queen Creek Olive Mill. No need to worry about braking for lunch: hotel staff will place a gourmet picnic inside the car.
The Details: "Open Road Mercedes-Benz" package ($484-$2,064 per night) is available through December 31, includes accommodations in a one-room suite (choose from four different room categories), one-time use of the Mercedes-Benz E350 Cabriolet, welcome amenity, and picnic lunch.
Insider Tip: Keep the locavore streak going by eating dinner at Talavera, the hotel's restaurant, where wines from three state wineries, Queen Creek Olive Mill's olive oil, as well as the meat and vegetables from seven local farms are on offer.
The Mosaic Hotel
Beverly Hills, California
As hip and fab as The Mosaic Hotel is, at some point you're going to want to head west to the Santa Monica Mountains to explore one of the country's newest wine regions: Malibu. More than just a surf spot and celebrity playground, this small community hosts about 15 wineries. Most were born no earlier than the mid-90s. Select from a Lexus IS, Mercedes C Class, or Mini Cooper with the "Great Things Package," which allows you to pull up to tasting rooms in style.
The Details: "Open Road" package ($399-$429 per night) includes not only access to the car but complimentary parking at the hotel. Use the hotel's free Internet access to shape up your itinerary.
Insider Tip: For a quiet, food-centric evening once you're back at The Mosaic Hotel for the night, look no further than Hush, where diners are served contemporary California cuisine in an outdoor garden by the pool under the stars.
Guyers House Hotel
Corsham, West Wiltshire, England
Has your British countryside fantasy always included you behind the wheel of a cute little sports car? Guyers House Hotel has a package for roadsters and foodies, with the option to drive either a Porsche Boxter or a Mercedes-Benz Roadster around the English countryside. A picnic basket is placed in the car by the hotel staff, and when you return to the hotel, a three-course dinner in the restaurant (focused on local sourcing of ingredients, including its own garden and orchard, and local wood pigeon) at this charming 37-room hotel.
The Details: The "Ultimate Sports Car Weekend" (£325- £450 per night) includes accommodations, a picnic basket in your car, as well as dinner back at the hotel's restaurant and breakfast the next morning (in your room or in the restaurant).
Insider Tip: Convenient to the hotel is Bath, Bradford-on-Avon, and Lacock Abbey. Bradford-on-Avon alone has about a dozen places to drink a spot of tea, such as The Bridge Tea Rooms where afternoon tea begins at 2:30 p.m.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North; Luxuy Car at Sunset via Shutterstock.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $459 & up -- Weeklong Canada & New England CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $189 & up -- Bahamas: 3-Day Cruise to NassauCarnival Cruise Lines
- $929 & up -- Caribbean 4-Night 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $159 -- Colorado: Suite at 4-Star Mountain Resort, $290 OffBeaver Creek Lodge
- $1555 & up -- London: 4-Night Getaway w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $519 & up -- Alaska: 7-Night Summer Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line