Jumeirah Opens Luxe Resort in Mallorca, Spain
Luxury hospitality group Jumeirah, part of Dubai Holding, opened the doors to their new Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel and Spa in Puerto de Sóller, Mallorca (a Fodor's Top 10 Places to Travel this Spring) this week. Featuring stunning views of the bay of Sóller and numerous amenities, the five-star resort offers guests both relaxation and exploration.
Jumeirah designed the 11 buildings that comprise its resort, which include 120 rooms and suites, two restaurants, four bars, two swimming pools and the spa, to blend in with the natural backdrop of the island. Earth tones prevail on the inside, with a particular emphasis on the fabulous views offered of ocean, mountains and the harbor. Activities abound—hike or bike nearly 200 km of island trails, or scuba dive, snorkel, and fish in the Mediterranean waters. Those not aquatically inclined can take part in guided tours, culinary classes, and yoga.
And then, of course, there is the Talise Spa. Take in the views of Sóller while you relax in one of ten treatment suites, a Hammam, ice room, sauna or the heated Hydropool outside. And if your worries haven't completely melted by then, you can always return to your room to inhale scents you choose from a fragrance chart provided by the hotel.
The two restaurants—Es Fanals and Cap Roig—offer up more of those great views with their cuisine, which ranges from casual meals at Es Fanals to locally sourced fresh fish at Cap Roig. Light fare is also available at two poolside bars.
Take advantage of the hotel's special Summer offer, starting from $615/night with a seven night minimum stay, which includes daily complimentary breakfast in Es Fanals Restaurant, complimentary access to Talise Spa, a special "After Sun" bath, free parking, and a VIP amenity on arrival.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Jumeirah International LLC
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com