Jumeirah Opens Luxe Resort in Mallorca, Spain
Luxury hospitality group Jumeirah, part of Dubai Holding, opened the doors to their new Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel and Spa in Puerto de Sóller, Mallorca (a Fodor's Top 10 Places to Travel this Spring) this week. Featuring stunning views of the bay of Sóller and numerous amenities, the five-star resort offers guests both relaxation and exploration.
Jumeirah designed the 11 buildings that comprise its resort, which include 120 rooms and suites, two restaurants, four bars, two swimming pools and the spa, to blend in with the natural backdrop of the island. Earth tones prevail on the inside, with a particular emphasis on the fabulous views offered of ocean, mountains and the harbor. Activities abound—hike or bike nearly 200 km of island trails, or scuba dive, snorkel, and fish in the Mediterranean waters. Those not aquatically inclined can take part in guided tours, culinary classes, and yoga.
And then, of course, there is the Talise Spa. Take in the views of Sóller while you relax in one of ten treatment suites, a Hammam, ice room, sauna or the heated Hydropool outside. And if your worries haven't completely melted by then, you can always return to your room to inhale scents you choose from a fragrance chart provided by the hotel.
The two restaurants—Es Fanals and Cap Roig—offer up more of those great views with their cuisine, which ranges from casual meals at Es Fanals to locally sourced fresh fish at Cap Roig. Light fare is also available at two poolside bars.
Take advantage of the hotel's special Summer offer, starting from $615/night with a seven night minimum stay, which includes daily complimentary breakfast in Es Fanals Restaurant, complimentary access to Talise Spa, a special "After Sun" bath, free parking, and a VIP amenity on arrival.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Jumeirah International LLC
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays