New York City's Best New Rooftop Hangouts
Outdoor hangouts are a vital part of warm-weather living in New York City. And this season, there's a crop of new hotel-tops among the city's offerings. Here are some of the newest rooftop hotel haunts ripe for some summer socializing.
Loopy Doopy Bar at the Conrad New York
Battery Park's new Conrad New York boasts a 16th-story rooftop space with killer downtown views of the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor. The hotel bar will be the first in the US to have Prosecco on tap via UnoKegs and will be dishing out their own house-made "boozy popsicles." Loopy Doopy opens mid-May.
La Piscine at The Americano
The Americano is a newcomer to Chelsea complete with a 10th-floor rooftop pool bar and Mediterranean-style grill restaurant. Guests can lounge on daybeds and in cabanas around the shallow pool (more for looks than laps) while gazing over the High Line, Hudson, and Empire State building. La Piscine opens May 1. The grill (6pm to 11pm, Mon-Thurs; noon-midnight, weekends) and bar is open to all; the pool, sadly, is for guests only.
The Rooftop at Pod 39
New York's second Pod opens June 10 with its pièce de résistance, a romantic cloister-style rooftop on the 17th floor. Skyline views (Empire State and Chrysler buildings included) are framed by sweeping brick arches and terra cotta columns—remnants of the original renaissance-style landmark.
Then, these hotel-tops aren't brand new but they didn't get a fair shake last summer since all three opened mid-season and they're worth a look.
The bi-level PH-D at Dream Downtown evokes an extravagant penthouse feel and blasts DJ beats from its state-of-the-art audio system. Z Roof at Hotel Z in Long Island City is a 5,000-square-foot perch with sick skyline views of Manhattan. Brooklyn Terrace at Aloft Brooklyn comes with indoor and outdoor space, a lounge-y vibe, and sweeping views over Brooklyn, the Statue of Liberty, and the Verrazano Bridge.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Americano and the Conrad New York
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $575 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $849 & up -- Punta Cana: 4-Star Seaside Family Getaway w/AirApple Vacations
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $389 & up -- 5-Night Cruises to Canada & New EnglandCarnival Cruise Lines
- $499 & up -- 4-Nt. La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com