New York City's Best New Rooftop Hangouts
Outdoor hangouts are a vital part of warm-weather living in New York City. And this season, there's a crop of new hotel-tops among the city's offerings. Here are some of the newest rooftop hotel haunts ripe for some summer socializing.
Loopy Doopy Bar at the Conrad New York
Battery Park's new Conrad New York boasts a 16th-story rooftop space with killer downtown views of the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor. The hotel bar will be the first in the US to have Prosecco on tap via UnoKegs and will be dishing out their own house-made "boozy popsicles." Loopy Doopy opens mid-May.
La Piscine at The Americano
The Americano is a newcomer to Chelsea complete with a 10th-floor rooftop pool bar and Mediterranean-style grill restaurant. Guests can lounge on daybeds and in cabanas around the shallow pool (more for looks than laps) while gazing over the High Line, Hudson, and Empire State building. La Piscine opens May 1. The grill (6pm to 11pm, Mon-Thurs; noon-midnight, weekends) and bar is open to all; the pool, sadly, is for guests only.
The Rooftop at Pod 39
New York's second Pod opens June 10 with its pièce de résistance, a romantic cloister-style rooftop on the 17th floor. Skyline views (Empire State and Chrysler buildings included) are framed by sweeping brick arches and terra cotta columns—remnants of the original renaissance-style landmark.
Then, these hotel-tops aren't brand new but they didn't get a fair shake last summer since all three opened mid-season and they're worth a look.
The bi-level PH-D at Dream Downtown evokes an extravagant penthouse feel and blasts DJ beats from its state-of-the-art audio system. Z Roof at Hotel Z in Long Island City is a 5,000-square-foot perch with sick skyline views of Manhattan. Brooklyn Terrace at Aloft Brooklyn comes with indoor and outdoor space, a lounge-y vibe, and sweeping views over Brooklyn, the Statue of Liberty, and the Verrazano Bridge.
Photo credits: Courtesy of the Americano and the Conrad New York
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- $2405 -- Luxe Rhine River Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & ToursA-ROSA Cruises
- $109 -- Florida: Nature Coast Resort Near Tampa w/BreakfastPlantation on Crystal River
- $77 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Spa Passes, Save 45%Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
- $224* & up -- Flights to Puerto Rico (Roundtrip)Puerto Rico Tourism Company
- $779 & up -- Riviera Maya: 'Secrets' All-Incl. Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $174 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 45%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale