Amanresorts Sets Sail with Luxury Cruiser this Fall
Global luxury travel provider Amanresorts has been luring travelers to exotic locations since 1988. Starting with their original outpost in Phuket, Thailand and expanding with equally opulent, no-detail-left-out resorts in China, Morocco, the US, France, Turkey, and beyond, the hotel collection is now taking to the high seas with their 105-foot coastal cruiser, Amanikan, set to sail in tropical Indonesia this fall.
The "Raja Ampat Expedition" will explore the Raja Ampat, or "Four Kings," an area that covers nearly 25,000 square miles in the northeast waters of the Indonesian Archipelago and boasts some of the world's most impressive aquatic life. Marine enthusiasts and scuba divers alike will take thrill in the more than 1,300 species of fish, 603 species of coral (encompassing 75% of all known types of coral in the world), 57 species of mantis shrimp and 15 species of mammals to be seen. In addition, there is a diverse array of vegetation and wildlife to be observed above water, including rare orchids, sea eagles, tree kangaroos, and legendary birds of paradise.
Guests can relax and sunbathe on unspoiled beaches and yacht decks, or explore stunning coral reefs at their leisure; they can kayak, trek, take out a speed boat, explore pearl farms, or take advantage of Amanresorts's unforgettable diving excursions. Each guest's itinerary is fully customizable.
The Expedition will depart from Sorong (accessible by air from Bali, Singapore, Jakarta, or Makassar) on 14 trips between November 2012 through February 2013. Starting from $33,500 for one couple on the five-night expedition, the rates vary depending on number of travelers and length of itinerary but are all-inclusive, covering all food and non-alcoholic beverages as well as dives, airport transfers, and excursions. For more information, visit Amanresorts.com.
See what Fodor's Community Members have to say about Indonesia and its beaches. Explore the Indonesia forum for tips and ideas from fellow travelers, and share your stories!
Photo Credit: Courtesy Amanresorts
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 & up -- Seattle Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $119 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $7399 -- Luxury Mediterranean Cruise w/Excursions & R/T AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises