Palace Hotel Tokyo to Open Next Month
Where the old Palace Hotel once stood, near the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan, the new Palace Hotel Tokyo is set to open its doors next month – May 17 to be exact. Its 290 rooms, including 12 suites and a range of six types of guest rooms, the hotel will also feature a basement level retail area with 17 shops, ten restaurants and bars (from French to sushi and from sleek lounges to a bright pastry shop), and an evian SPA (just the second of its kind outside France).
One of the most enticing features of this much buzzed about hotel is its views of the iconic Imperial Palace – which are supposed to be visible from every room. The main entrance, which incorporated Aji stone walls to evoke the Imperial Palace's moat's stonework, is across the street from the East Garden's Otemon Gate, while the property itself is located next to the Imperial Palace's moat.
"This hotel is Japanese through and through, from its ownership and management, to its service protocols and its picture-perfect location by the Imperial Palace gardens and moats," said Palace Hotel Tokyo President, Takashi Kobayashi. "For domestic and international travelers alike, whether they're with us for business or leisure, we hope they will walk away saying, 'To have stayed at Palace Hotel Tokyo is to have experienced the very essence of Japanese hospitality."
The hotel is currently accepting reservations for dates May 17 and after. Rates start at $625/night.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Palace Hotel Tokyo
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays