Palace Hotel Tokyo to Open Next Month
Where the old Palace Hotel once stood, near the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan, the new Palace Hotel Tokyo is set to open its doors next month – May 17 to be exact. Its 290 rooms, including 12 suites and a range of six types of guest rooms, the hotel will also feature a basement level retail area with 17 shops, ten restaurants and bars (from French to sushi and from sleek lounges to a bright pastry shop), and an evian SPA (just the second of its kind outside France).
One of the most enticing features of this much buzzed about hotel is its views of the iconic Imperial Palace – which are supposed to be visible from every room. The main entrance, which incorporated Aji stone walls to evoke the Imperial Palace's moat's stonework, is across the street from the East Garden's Otemon Gate, while the property itself is located next to the Imperial Palace's moat.
"This hotel is Japanese through and through, from its ownership and management, to its service protocols and its picture-perfect location by the Imperial Palace gardens and moats," said Palace Hotel Tokyo President, Takashi Kobayashi. "For domestic and international travelers alike, whether they're with us for business or leisure, we hope they will walk away saying, 'To have stayed at Palace Hotel Tokyo is to have experienced the very essence of Japanese hospitality."
The hotel is currently accepting reservations for dates May 17 and after. Rates start at $625/night.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Palace Hotel Tokyo
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $69* -- Seattle to Oakland this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $45 & up -- Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Resort through SpringCaptain's Quarters Resort
- $216 & up -- Miami Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $140* -- Juneau to Anchorage this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $2499 -- Luxury Yacht: French Riviera 9-Night Cruise w/HotelWindstar Cruises
- $1999 -- Australia: 4-Star, 8-Nt. Vacation w/Air, $700 OffDown Under Answers