Concrete Catastrophe at New York's Le Parker Meridien
New York's swank Le Parker Meridien experienced one crazy concrete catastrophe yesterday morning. A lava-like flow of concrete spilled into the hotel's cafe Knave after a mishap at a neighboring construction site.
The formwork reportedly collapsed while the workmen were pouring concrete and the machine wasn't turned off in time to prevent a foot-deep concrete layer from blanketing the hotel cafe's marble floor. FDNY was quick to the scene to help clean up the mess before it dried. No one was hurt and no permanent damage was done, but it was quite a scene.
In other Le Parker Meridien news, the hotel recently adopted the motel-esque policy of renting rooms by the hour. A cheeky 4-hour stay package, including pay movies and champagne with strawberries, went for $150/four hours around Valentine's Day.
Photo credits: Both images via Le Parker Meridien
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com