Celebrate Lei Day with locals in Hawaii
If you’re in Hawaii on May Day, you might hear locals calling it something else—Lei Day! Since 1929, May 1 has officially been celebrated as Lei Day in Hawaii, with music, art exhibits and, of course, leis on every shoulder. On Honolulu, celebrate the season with the annual Lei Day Celebration at Queen Kapi‘olani Regional Park Bandstand. Enjoy the sounds of steel guitars, grab some food, and stop by Kulana Lei, where artists will be exhibiting their lei craftsmanship. Happy Lei Day!
Thinking of a trip to Hawaii? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Hawaii Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $269 -- Key Largo Waterfront Resort, 20% OffKey Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort