Celebrate Lei Day with locals in Hawaii
If you’re in Hawaii on May Day, you might hear locals calling it something else—Lei Day! Since 1929, May 1 has officially been celebrated as Lei Day in Hawaii, with music, art exhibits and, of course, leis on every shoulder. On Honolulu, celebrate the season with the annual Lei Day Celebration at Queen Kapi‘olani Regional Park Bandstand. Enjoy the sounds of steel guitars, grab some food, and stop by Kulana Lei, where artists will be exhibiting their lei craftsmanship. Happy Lei Day!
Thinking of a trip to Hawaii? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Hawaii Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Spring, $440 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $199* -- Coast-to-Coast Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $849 & up -- Balcony on Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $629 & up -- 5-Nt. All-Inclusive Jamaica Trip, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $799 & up -- Balcony on Caribbean Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Havana Vacation w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel