Celebrate Lei Day with locals in Hawaii
If you’re in Hawaii on May Day, you might hear locals calling it something else—Lei Day! Since 1929, May 1 has officially been celebrated as Lei Day in Hawaii, with music, art exhibits and, of course, leis on every shoulder. On Honolulu, celebrate the season with the annual Lei Day Celebration at Queen Kapi‘olani Regional Park Bandstand. Enjoy the sounds of steel guitars, grab some food, and stop by Kulana Lei, where artists will be exhibiting their lei craftsmanship. Happy Lei Day!
Thinking of a trip to Hawaii? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our online Hawaii Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $799 & up -- Ends 4/25: Canada Cruise w/Credit & OceanviewNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $449 & up -- Ends 4/25: Bahamas 7-Nt Cruises w/CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1199 & up -- London & Dublin 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $389 & up -- 5-Night Cruises to Canada & New EnglandCarnival Cruise Lines
- $429 & up -- Alaska 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line