Celebrate Earth Day all month with furry friends at zoos and aquariums across the country
Some people celebrate Earth Day by planting trees; others help clean up a local beach. Here’s another idea: why not spend Earth Day (or any other day in April 2012, for that matter) with a furry, fuzzy, or scaly friend at one of over 100 zoos and aquariums celebrating Party for the Planet, a month long fiesta for planet Earth conducted by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Participating locations offer family-friendly activities during the month of April with an emphasis on environmental conservation.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Europe's 8 Most Picturesque Towns
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $149 -- NYC: Boutique Manhattan Hotel near 5th Ave., 50% OffThe Paul
- $849 & up -- Cancun: 'Secrets' All-Inclusive Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $99 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 50% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $3525 -- Kenya Land-Only Safari incl. Masai MaraAfrican Travel, Inc.
- $79 -- Orlando Hotel near Parks w/Upgrade, 50% OffWyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
- $699 -- Oahu: 3-Night Stay Posh Oceanfront Resort, 50% OffTurtle Bay Resort