Summer Deals for Frequent Flyers
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised what you can find. Here are some sweet summer deals to consider:
Hotel discounts in Boston, London, or Los AngelesUnited MileagePlus members can get a 15 percent discount and triple award miles (up to 4,500) by booking a weekend stay at Langham hotels in Boston, Pasadena, or London through June 30, 2012. Register with Langham's loyalty program as well as MileagePlus and use the code UA1203 when you make your reservations.
Rebates on IHG hotelsStay two consecutive weekday nights at an InterContinental Hotels Group hotel between April 16 and August 2, 2012, and score a $50 MasterCard. This offer is for U.S. residents only, and you can register at IHG. Travelers can get up to four rebates ($200). Your choices include Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Express by Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Holiday Inn Resorts, Staybridge Suites, or Candlewood Suites.
Aeroplan mile bonuses and hotel dealsTo promote its new travel-booking service, Aeroplan is offering members three miles per dollar spent on hotels (more than 78,000 hotel properties worldwide), Avis or Hertz car rentals, and vacation packages booked through Destination Miles. You can also save $60 if you use the service to book a two-night stay at a Vancouver hotel by June 4, for travel completed July 31, 2012. Three more nights get you an additional $40 off. Hotels include Vancouver's Opus, Four Seasons, Wedgewood, and Westin Grand.
Get 5,000 bonus miles on Southwest AirlinesRapid Rewards members can get up to 5,000 bonus miles on AirTran flights to Aruba, Bermuda, Cancun, Los Cabos, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Nassau, Punta Cana, San Juan, and several U.S. cities. Register on Southwest's site and book flights by August 31, for travel between June 1 and August 31, 2012.
Fodors.com contributor Cathleen McCarthy is the rewards expert for CreditCards.com and covers hotel and travel deals in Northeast cities on her own network, Save on Cities. Her stories have appeared in The Washington Post, WSJ, Amtrak ARRIVE, Town & Country, and inflight magazines
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com