Summer Deals for Frequent Flyers
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised what you can find. Here are some sweet summer deals to consider:
Hotel discounts in Boston, London, or Los AngelesUnited MileagePlus members can get a 15 percent discount and triple award miles (up to 4,500) by booking a weekend stay at Langham hotels in Boston, Pasadena, or London through June 30, 2012. Register with Langham's loyalty program as well as MileagePlus and use the code UA1203 when you make your reservations.
Rebates on IHG hotelsStay two consecutive weekday nights at an InterContinental Hotels Group hotel between April 16 and August 2, 2012, and score a $50 MasterCard. This offer is for U.S. residents only, and you can register at IHG. Travelers can get up to four rebates ($200). Your choices include Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Express by Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Holiday Inn Resorts, Staybridge Suites, or Candlewood Suites.
Aeroplan mile bonuses and hotel dealsTo promote its new travel-booking service, Aeroplan is offering members three miles per dollar spent on hotels (more than 78,000 hotel properties worldwide), Avis or Hertz car rentals, and vacation packages booked through Destination Miles. You can also save $60 if you use the service to book a two-night stay at a Vancouver hotel by June 4, for travel completed July 31, 2012. Three more nights get you an additional $40 off. Hotels include Vancouver's Opus, Four Seasons, Wedgewood, and Westin Grand.
Get 5,000 bonus miles on Southwest AirlinesRapid Rewards members can get up to 5,000 bonus miles on AirTran flights to Aruba, Bermuda, Cancun, Los Cabos, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Nassau, Punta Cana, San Juan, and several U.S. cities. Register on Southwest's site and book flights by August 31, for travel between June 1 and August 31, 2012.
Fodors.com contributor Cathleen McCarthy is the rewards expert for CreditCards.com and covers hotel and travel deals in Northeast cities on her own network, Save on Cities. Her stories have appeared in The Washington Post, WSJ, Amtrak ARRIVE, Town & Country, and inflight magazines
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $219 & up -- Bahamas: 3-Day Cruise to Nassau w/OceanviewCarnival Cruise Lines
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $129 & up -- 'Sun & Fun' Cruise Sale w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129 & up -- Palm Springs Esmeralda 4-Star Resort, Save 35%Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort & Spa