Revere Hotel Opens in Boston
With a nod to Boston's historic past, The Revere Hotel Boston Common—featuring a swanky lounge and uniforms designed by local art students—debuts in the city's theater district on Wednesday, also marking the 237th anniversary of Paul Revere's horseback ride through Boston at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.
Each of the 356 rooms feature timeless designs from BBG-BBGM Interiors (behind W New York City and St. Regis New York City) such as a houndstooth chaise, oversized desk and suede headboard—and a balcony too. Also in the hotel is the 6,000-square-foot Emerald Lounge, promoting "utensil-free cuisine" and craft cocktails, and Theatre 1, a venue for films and live entertainment. Curated displays in the lobby feature items for sale by local boutiques, from pet-bakery goods to glass-blown art, even bath and body items from skoah, who created the in-room amenities.
Wednesday's opening-day festivities include a fashion show where climbers from Boston Rock Gym will scale down the building's 24 stories while sporting Ted Baker London's Spring/Summer 2012 collection, as well as hotel-employee uniforms designed by Massachusetts College of Art & Design students. A traditional fashion show, on a horizontal catwalk, will also take place (on the 9th floor pool deck).
Rates range from $250 to $600 per night.
Thinking of a trip to Boston? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Boston Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Eric Levin
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $64-$67 -- Anaheim Area Hotel w/Theme Park Shuttles, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $219 & up -- 5-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Hotel, 25% OffThe Beloved Hotel
- $1698 & up -- 6-Night Ireland Package w/ChauffeurTourism Ireland
- $139 -- Legendary Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffMillennium Biltmore