Revere Hotel Opens in Boston
With a nod to Boston's historic past, The Revere Hotel Boston Common—featuring a swanky lounge and uniforms designed by local art students—debuts in the city's theater district on Wednesday, also marking the 237th anniversary of Paul Revere's horseback ride through Boston at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.
Each of the 356 rooms feature timeless designs from BBG-BBGM Interiors (behind W New York City and St. Regis New York City) such as a houndstooth chaise, oversized desk and suede headboard—and a balcony too. Also in the hotel is the 6,000-square-foot Emerald Lounge, promoting "utensil-free cuisine" and craft cocktails, and Theatre 1, a venue for films and live entertainment. Curated displays in the lobby feature items for sale by local boutiques, from pet-bakery goods to glass-blown art, even bath and body items from skoah, who created the in-room amenities.
Wednesday's opening-day festivities include a fashion show where climbers from Boston Rock Gym will scale down the building's 24 stories while sporting Ted Baker London's Spring/Summer 2012 collection, as well as hotel-employee uniforms designed by Massachusetts College of Art & Design students. A traditional fashion show, on a horizontal catwalk, will also take place (on the 9th floor pool deck).
Rates range from $250 to $600 per night.
Thinking of a trip to Boston? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Boston Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Eric Levin
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $69* -- Seattle to Oakland this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $249* -- Fairbanks to Seattle this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $167 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $3099 -- India & Nepal 13-Night Vacation w/Air, Save $400Friendly Planet Travel
- $529 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to the Bahamas, $190 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $49* -- San Jose to Reno this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines