Revere Hotel Opens in Boston
With a nod to Boston's historic past, The Revere Hotel Boston Common—featuring a swanky lounge and uniforms designed by local art students—debuts in the city's theater district on Wednesday, also marking the 237th anniversary of Paul Revere's horseback ride through Boston at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.
Each of the 356 rooms feature timeless designs from BBG-BBGM Interiors (behind W New York City and St. Regis New York City) such as a houndstooth chaise, oversized desk and suede headboard—and a balcony too. Also in the hotel is the 6,000-square-foot Emerald Lounge, promoting "utensil-free cuisine" and craft cocktails, and Theatre 1, a venue for films and live entertainment. Curated displays in the lobby feature items for sale by local boutiques, from pet-bakery goods to glass-blown art, even bath and body items from skoah, who created the in-room amenities.
Wednesday's opening-day festivities include a fashion show where climbers from Boston Rock Gym will scale down the building's 24 stories while sporting Ted Baker London's Spring/Summer 2012 collection, as well as hotel-employee uniforms designed by Massachusetts College of Art & Design students. A traditional fashion show, on a horizontal catwalk, will also take place (on the 9th floor pool deck).
Rates range from $250 to $600 per night.
Thinking of a trip to Boston? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Boston Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Eric Levin
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $939 & up -- Jamaica: Montego Bay Riu Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $2699 -- Yangtze River Cruise & Shanghai-Overnight w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $119-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $799 -- Balcony: Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino