Revere Hotel Opens in Boston
With a nod to Boston's historic past, The Revere Hotel Boston Common—featuring a swanky lounge and uniforms designed by local art students—debuts in the city's theater district on Wednesday, also marking the 237th anniversary of Paul Revere's horseback ride through Boston at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.
Each of the 356 rooms feature timeless designs from BBG-BBGM Interiors (behind W New York City and St. Regis New York City) such as a houndstooth chaise, oversized desk and suede headboard—and a balcony too. Also in the hotel is the 6,000-square-foot Emerald Lounge, promoting "utensil-free cuisine" and craft cocktails, and Theatre 1, a venue for films and live entertainment. Curated displays in the lobby feature items for sale by local boutiques, from pet-bakery goods to glass-blown art, even bath and body items from skoah, who created the in-room amenities.
Wednesday's opening-day festivities include a fashion show where climbers from Boston Rock Gym will scale down the building's 24 stories while sporting Ted Baker London's Spring/Summer 2012 collection, as well as hotel-employee uniforms designed by Massachusetts College of Art & Design students. A traditional fashion show, on a horizontal catwalk, will also take place (on the 9th floor pool deck).
Rates range from $250 to $600 per night.
Thinking of a trip to Boston? For up-to-the-minute hotel and restaurant recommendations, plus the best planning advice, check out our Boston Travel Guide.
Photo Credit: courtesy Eric Levin
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $769 & up -- Cancun: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $980 & up -- Beijing & Shanghai 6-Nt. Vacation w/AirTripMasters.com
- $209 & up -- Baja Mexico 3-Day Carnival CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $79 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago